Thursday, July 21, 2011

june field trip

I missed a lot of postings in June- this is one more effort to catch up! Last month I took the kiddos & a couple of our favorite friends to the Utah Museum of Fine Arts.
Hailey just finished taking a H.S. Art History class so she really enjoyed it- this guy- not so much. I asked these two to stand back & look at this painting & tell me what it made them think... Ella said: chairs. Trent said: Mario.




One of my favorite things to see was this. Photos of rainbows all put together into a swirl.


Caroline & Chloe liked the African masks- cool.









Warrior Gear from Mulane's time~

this was definite a treat to see!


For sure Trent & Ella's favorite was the Egyptian section. Ella kept asking me if there was really a "dead person in there?"


On the way home we stopped off at the Gateway


Then got yogurt!

NO pictures of the group... how long have I been blogging?

good grief!


3 comments:

Laura said...

That swirl picture is one of the coolest things I've ever seen!!

michelle said...

I love museum visits! My favorites are paintings and sculptures. I bet the splash pad was very welcome, it's been mighty hot lately.

wende said...

love the rainbow photos! that is seriously awesome.

and...fun to see laura commenting! :) love that cute girl.