Thursday, July 7, 2011

I guess you could say~ we are BIG fans!

Last week when BRett picked me up from the airport, as the plane was taxiing- he texted me & said- "guess who I just saw?" I asked, who? He said, "The kids from American Idol- they are here in the airport." I didn't believe him--- until he texted me his picture with Casey! (Casey was my favorite all season) I was stunned- and jealous - and boy when the kids found out they were ticked off that they didn't get to come to the airport!! We came home, looked up the ticket & tour information, AND BOUGHT FIVE TICKETS!

Last night was the concert & we were not disappointed.

We picked up our will call tickets & headed to our seats...


We checked out the t-shirts & souvenirs... $40 a t-shirt... ouch.


We were all so excited!

Even Trent- who is a super Scotty fan.


We had been singing (practicing) the words to Gone for several days now so we could sing along to the chorus... seriously fun. I kept getting the words wrong- Trent corrected me- until I got them right. Thanks bud.


Our seats weren't bad at all, considering how late in the game (3 days before the concert) and how much we paid for them. I won't say- it was still ridiculous- but worth it.

We bought four seats together & Brett was right below. It was cheaper & better seats to do it that way. GREAt family crowd-- except for a few weirdos that I tried desperately to get photos of. The ladies in front of us (next to Brett) were getting a little drunk (funny how drunk people can be so darn friendly.) Plus we saw one mighty short skirt along with a couple see threw dresses with thongs underneath-- my eyes-- they're still burning.




Yes it was worth that too. I took this picture above of Paul for Megan & Tony- he was their favorite this season. My favorite was Casey- Oh ya I already said that. He played his base & ya- he was GREAT!

But all night we were waiting for Scotty!


He didn't come on until the end- sang a couple of songs then -- GONE.

Oh ya we rocked the chorus with him!!

I took this picture of the girls just after 5 or so teeny boppers above us kept screeching their heads off for him... it wasn't cool or cute- just annoying & ear piercing.



I know you can't see from the photos- but here is Scotty & Alaina.


She was darling & so sweet. she took the barrette out of her hair & gave it to a little girl in the audience. Nice.

It was a GREat night- so fun!

Everyone was Awesome- they sang mostly songs that they had performed on the show- and hey- that's exactly what we wanted to hear.



Salt Lake City was the first stop on their summer 11' tour.

WE LOVEd it!

Are you AI fans?


5 comments:

She Loves The Color Pink said...

So jealous! Casey and Paul were our favorites. I'm so glad you guys had a fun time.

Brit said...

What a great night!! I'm glad you guys had so much fun!

michelle said...

How fun! We are big AI fans! And Casey was by far my favorite this season.

Jill said...

I actually didn't watch this season, but I have been into it in year's past.

This looks like a really fun family outing!

wende said...

we are HUGE AI fans but have never been to a concert? what the? we tried to buy tickets for david cooks's year because we are HUGE cookie fans, but that stinkin' archie kid made it impossible to get tickets here in utah. :) i'm so glad you had a fun time. my favorite this season was hailey.