Thursday, March 31, 2011

It's been a week now..

Since megan, tony & charlie left. A week or two before they came, trent started begging me to let him bring an extra large box (we bought an exercise bike) up from the basement.


I told him he could - when they left- and he did.

He decided to make a "bed" out of the box.

Please notice- we as his parents- have provided a very nice bed for him. He chooses to sleep in the box.


With the lid shut. Every night. He has a history of getting up multiple times & has a difficult time going to sleep in general. Well, not since he started sleeping in the box. He goes right to sleep & stays in the box all night? I thought this would be a one or two night occurrence? It's been a week now. I find this disturbing... kind of? I don't know?

a whole week sleeping in the box?

In case the police come to throw me in the slammer- I AM NOT MAKING MY KID SLEEP IN A BOX. You heard it here!


7 comments:

Beth said...

I LOVED boxes when I was a kid too... I wish my parents were cool enough to let me sleep in one!

p.s. you might have to go private again to keep someone from reporting this to the police... ha ha, just kidding! it was really funny reading.

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

How funny. Did you see the movie Temple Grandin? She likes a box, too.

wende said...

hey, i say, if he and you, are sleeping better because of the box, then let him have at it! i would pretty much let my kids do anything to get a decent night's sleep and there are worse things than sleeping in a box!
if DCFS knocks on your door, i'll testify for ya. :)

Everyday Anisha Photography said...

I was thinking Temple Grandin too. We have the movie if you want to borrow it.

Jill said...

That's so funny! Perhaps he likes being cocooned like that.

michelle said...

HA! This is so hilarious. I remember liking things like that as a kid, and I know my kids have always loved boxes as well.

I'm with Wende - I'll do just about anything if it encourages good sleeping!

Kim Sue said...

:o)