Friday, March 11, 2011

5 minutes for friday

start:
It's been a long week without brett here.
He left on Sunday afternoon on a business trip & returns home tonight, late.
a week is just too long!
Today I put all the furniture back onto my newly painted floor. We sealed (brian & I) it with new type of sealant made to put over painted garage floors-- I hope it works well? I hope, I hope. I will not be painting this floor again- NO sirreeee. If this doesn't work it's coming up. I love this floor, so here's hoping it works! This time around it took a month or longer (I'm afraid to look at the date.) I just wanted it to be done right & last. So we let it "cure" and have been so extra careful. ahh it is gorgeous.
Trent is so much better now- He just ran outside for the first time in days- to play. AFter our BIG snow, it's been sunny & warmer... not hot but it actually hit 60 yesterday! It's in the 50's & this kid is going stir crazy. I kept him home from school an extra day to make sure he doesn't pick up anything else. There is so much illness going around our town, it's scary! megan, tony & charlie are coming to town next week (WOOO HOOO!) and I don't want anyone to be sick.
The wedding guest list is growing with lots of family- well a lot for us- planning on coming from out of town. WE are SO THRIlled!
I am feeling like an old, frumpy lady....
how is it possible I have almost 2 married kids, a missionary, nearly 4 kids out of school, and I'm still chubby? I also have almost 2 grand kids & I could not be happier- so there you go.
It just doesn't seem possible that I can be in this stage of life?
Where did my babies go?
Where did my 30's go- not that I want them back? They just slipped away.
A week before Megan's wedding I was out somewhere & saw an old lady (I'm talkin' using a walker old!) wearing the same suit I was supposed to wear for the wedding.... memories of that are haunting me- absolutely haunting me.
time's up

3 comments:

She Loves The Color Pink said...

I can't wait to see the floor! It really is so beautiful.
We are sooooooooooooo excited to come!

Jill said...

It sounds like this stage of your life is crazy busy!

The story about the old lady wearing your same suit is hilarious...perhaps she was just particularly stylish for her age.

michelle said...

I am dying over the old lady wearing your same suit!! Maybe she was like my grandma - an old woman whose granddaughters wanted her whole wardrobe? Let's go with that.