Thursday, March 3, 2011

gone cowboy

Brian & Jack have always been cowboys.
Trent
not so much
Until two days ago... when Brett found his old childhood cowboy hat in his closet. It fit Trent perfectly & he is over the moon for it. Lucky for him, yesterday was Dr. Seuss' birthday meaning you could wear hats to school! He was so excited. He found some boots & was ready. Then
it was time to go.
He stood at the door to give me a hug & doubt flew in.
He started to cry.
What? what's wrong?
Mom- what if the kids make fun of me?
I told him- you need to be the best Trent you can be & not worry about what other people think. If someone makes a rude comment just say-
Yep- it's hat day & I'm wearing a cowboy hat!
It's hard being a kid. I've never really known Trent to be worried like this. It makes me wonder? Wonder what his school day is like? We all live through it- it makes us stronger, right? Usually it's not as bad as we think. I KNOw the kids in his class are nice to him.
He's just growing up.
I sent the photo to missionary Jack who was SO THRILLED & excited to see it!
They now have plans of living on a ranch together in the future.
cowboys- they stick together

7 comments:

Karolynn said...

He is adorable. I love and adore Cowboys! Carter wants to be a cowboy too. Janika got teased way bad yesterday too. She was crying today. Apparently her crazy hat wasn't crazy enough. Kids are mean!

She Loves To Make said...

Oh Trent...it's hard being a kid!

Janae said...

I love Trent in the hat! It is so hard to be a kid growing up:/
I loved your post about Jack and the bday package. I love that he was a good baby:) I don't blame you for missing him one bit! I know I will have to miss my boy one day and the anticipation already kills me...
I love your blog. i've been an absent reader too long!

michelle said...

Cowboys stick together. I like that. Maybe Trent can remember that if anyone does tease him – he's got his family. You've got his back, and you stick together. I hate it when kids are mean.

Beth said...

I loved cowboy Brian and Cowboy Jack... they rubbed off on Jake too :) what's not to love. I knew one day we would meet Cowboy Trent, I just knew he was inside there somewhere!! Coolio!!!!!! Lookin' good dude!

Beth said...

Uh, he is not wearing those boots on the newly painted floor is he? ha ha ha, just kidding!

Jill said...

It's painful to think of him worrying about people making fun of him. I wish we could all just be ourselves and not worry about it.