Tuesday, April 5, 2011

my favorite weekend

Spring Conference weekend is really the best weekend of the Year.

Fall conference weekend is a close second... but spring... gotta love it!

We have a lot of traditions for conference weekend.

On Saturday morning I usually make a big breakfast to get everyone up & happy (this year buttermilk pancakes, eggs & bacon with fresh strawberries & bananas) then we break to get dressed quick- come back to the family room- get comfy... but not too comfy-

Then Conference begins at 10:00 AM sharp.


Saturday was warm & overcast, but Sunday we woke up to 2" of snow, which melted- then it started raining & hailing up more of the white stuff.

Spring in Utah is a fickle thing.


The younger kids in our house are always building something.

This time trent got out his legos & I came up with the idea of putting them on a blanket. Okay- it's taken me 24 years to figure out that noisy legos & blocks etc. can be quieted & easily picked up if put on a blanket. Better late than never.



The girls took notes for seminary.


and guess what!?
Grandma & Grandpa Messer are here!

We love having company for Conference!

Aren't they cute




There are five sessions to conference

But Saturday morning always ends up being my favorite.

I'm not sure if it's because it's the session I hear the most? but it is always my favorite & this year was no exception.

Not my best photo.

But still- here I am enjoying conference.

What a great weekend.

I have much more to write & say...

but it's spring break.

we are super busy & having a great time!

My favorite conference talk... that's a hard one...

2 comments:

She Loves The Color Pink said...

Conference looked like fun at your house!

michelle said...

It's my favorite weekend, too. Love the photo of grandma and grandpa snuggling!