Tuesday, February 15, 2011

valentines day

Yesterday was the big Valentine's Day.
I always try to make Valentine's day extra special at our home because I always hated Valentine's day as a kid. So- I had big plans as usual for the day.
It started with waiting...
waiting for the ultra sound news from megan & tony!
We are so happy for them & to be having our second Grandson.
Life just doesn't get better than that- a healthy new Grandson on his way.... ahhh.
After milling around waiting for that news I ran to the store (I was already behind because I wasn't feeling too good- I could feel allergies or a cold coming on.) I needed to get the ingredients for some centers.


chocolate centers!


Trent's 5th grade class were dipping chocolates in the afternoon!
I made oreo & cherry centers.
oh my goodness
this was so fun!
So fun for the kids- I love when teachers give kids an opportunity to do something different- even though it's a lot of work- I think it's such a valuable experience for kids to try new things. Of course, not my kid. He refused to participate. He didn't want any part of chocolate or getting his hands in it?If I wasn't completely sure he was mine... I would wonder.
Last Friday the teacher had told the students whomever didn't have their homework turned in- would not get an opportunity to dip chocolates. Trent took this as his opportunity to skip doing his homework. He told her (very matter of fact) he wasn't going to do his homework this week because he doesn't like chocolate anyway..
oh boy
Um- Hello? Rude!
He had to do his homework & apologize.


We got home & my cold was coming in hard...
I had a million things to do to get the Valentine dinner ready, but my body was shutting down. Even this elaborate gift from trent

He set up this table in the basement as a valentine gift for me since his crap is all over my desk in the office. I have been asking him to clean it up but instead he declared that he put up this table just for me, just for valentines day, so I can have my own space --- seriously? I already have my own space in the office on my desk- you little stink!
Finally- I stopped in my tracks & got sick.
Brett saved the day, came home & took us all to dinner.
It had to be quick & it had to be local. We still had a lot to do. Valentine cupcakes to deliver to the girl's friends & Brian needed to get a dozen roses off to Laura who was at work.
I didn't want to leave the house at all, but didn't want to miss our valentine dinner!



I slept all afternoon today.
I did get up & make day late valentine dinner of Manicotti, bread sticks & salad.
then forgot to take photos!
oh well- Even though I've got a doozy of a cold- I'm feeling a lot better tonight

5 comments:

She Loves To Make said...

I'm so sad you're sick! Especially on Valentine's day! Trent's Valentine's present has me laughing my head off!

wende said...

yay for a boy! a friend for charlie woo-whooo!

mmmm....manicotti, that sounds awesome. i made a red dinner too and didn't take one photo either.
too much to try and put together!

glad you're feeling better.
super super cute cupcakes by the way. you're the best!

shannon said...

Got your cute valentines card...
I've always admired the special things you do for your family on valentines day...
I don't remember now what last year's post was, but I remember thinking, dang--that girl is thoughtful...!
Hope you kick your cold soon...nothing like one last hoorah for the season, eh?

Jill said...

I'm so sorry you got sick! It's hard to be the mom and then get knocked out like that.

michelle said...

Hooray for another boy! And for Brett saving the day.

Trent's gift to you is just hilarious.