Monday, February 28, 2011

february 28... can it really be march tomorrow?

1. I cannot believe March is here
2. Already?
3. Missionary Jack has his 20th birthday in exactly 16 days.
4. He was born 2 minutes before midnight-
5. 2 minutes before St. Patrick's Day.
6. I mentioned to the OBGYN that I was disappointed he would be born on St. Patrick's Day
7. So- he wasn't!
8. 2 weeks ago I sent off his birthday package.
9. I took it to the post office open... just in case it was too heavy.
10. It wasn't, so I taped it up & filled out all the over seas paper work.
11. It took some time - it was a big box (14 lb.)
12. I finished & walked it to the counter. The kind employee asked me for some details to put on the paperwork about what was inside.
13. I listed off-- candy, newspaper articles about BYU basketball, a journal, etc.
14. then I did it
15. I said- "Beef Jerky"
16. She stopped typing into the computer & said- uh oh!
17. some countries don't allow dried meats into the country. Yep- Brazil is one of them.
18. Panic!
19. Please don't write it in the list- Please don't make me claim it in the box- He's a missionary- it's his birthday- It's the only thing he asked for- he has parasites & diarrhea- there's even toilet paper in the box if you don't believe me!?
20. Okay calm down...
21. She sent it.
22. But if the Brazilian mail people open the box they will confiscate the jerky.
23. It's a risk I am willing to take.
24. I just hope he gets the box- full- or even empty- just something...
25. in time for his special day.
26. He's a man now... but he was such a good baby.
27. My easiest baby by far.
28. I miss him

4 comments:

shannon said...

Beef jerky was worth the risk!! I'm a sucker for that stuff :)

She Loves To Make said...

I can't believe Jack is going to be 20! He is going to love his birthday package. I miss Jack...

michelle said...

I wonder why they don't want beef jerky coming in? I find it hilarious that that's the one thing he asked for for his birthday. I haven't eaten beef jerky in probably 30 years, and haven't missed it!

Sweet that he was a good baby. (I never got one of those.) Isn't it funny that no matter how old they get, they are always our babies?

Jill said...

Beef jerky, who knew?