Saturday, February 5, 2011

I finished it!

Last fall I started this little lap quilt.
Last. Fall.
I hate unfinished projects... I loathe them


Last night I finished it!
This morning I put on my tag- and now it is going in to the washing machine to get all spiffied up & clean & wrinkly soft. I can't wait to get it out.

It is going to a new home & I cannot tell where.
It's a surprise to someone special to me.
(I have a bunch of unfinished - well, not started projects for special people- serenity now!)
It feels good after a really hard week to have this done. Like I accomplished something great, against the odds even. Maybe Hollywood will call & want to make this past week into a movie?
(read with a deep voice)
"A blogger finishes a quilt against all odds"
it would be riveting.
Absolutely fascinating.

9 comments:

Beth said...

OMG!!! I LOVE this one!! It is really sophisticated looking. The baby quilts and cute girly colored quilts are super cute too, but this is very mature and fun! LOVE LOVE LOVE the colors in it :) Your tag is super cute too... you have to share how you made it.

Hugs, Hugs, Hugs!! Have a great weekend!!!

Johnna said...

I am gald that you finished it,it is beautiful. Just wanted to say that I love you! Have a great day sis!

She Loves To Make said...

I think the new owner of this quilt is going to LOVE it :) I love your little tags. So cute!

Holly said...

Oh Patsy, you make me laugh. Out loud.

Quilting against all odds, love that.

You are SO talented and caring--whomever is on the receiving end of one of your quilt-y creations will know he or she is LOVED.

Kristy said...

I LOVE the quilt!! It turned out so very pretty!

I wish I could get all my unfinished projects done.....that would be a MIRACLE if I did!!! Way to go girl you ROCK!

PaD said...

Beautiful!!!

Jill said...

It looks great! Congratulations on finishing this project, especially during a hard week.

Karrie said...

Is this quilt for ME??? I love it and it matches my girls new room...hint hint! JK

who ever gets it will love it!

michelle said...

Oh, how adorable is it that Beth commented about how much she loved this quilt and then it ended up being for her?! I bet that made it a doubly good surprise.

Your tags are amazing. Maybe if I had some tags like that I would make quilts again? Against all odds, for sure.