Monday, February 7, 2011

taking matters into his own hands

Tonight after dinner the girls, Brett & I were cleaning up.
I suddenly noticed....
Hey, where's Trent?
Hailey went to check- he was in the office, on my laptop & the telephone.
Brett went into investigate.
He had called:
Apple- Customer Service Department.
background story
It just so happens that after school he had some chores to do. While he was doing his chores, his sisters were too, but with their Ipods playing in the background. This kid has many, many toys a room full of crappy old computers that he messes around with, a CD player/radio & a brand new Nintendo DS Lite from Christmas... but alas- NO IPod.
He came downstairs to complain & beg & nag me about the unfairness of his life. I went over the usual--
Ipods cost a lot of money, Itouches are more expensive then when the first came out, You have a million & one toys, You could save up for one, or maybe you could get something like that for your birthday, no kid your age needs an IPad ... yada yada yada.
NO I am not buying you an ITouch- not now- not in the near future.
Period.
Well I guess that did it.
He had had enough.
He was going to, "call Apple & insist they sell them cheaper or punch one of their employees!" Well, hello?
Threatening people on the phone is illegal kid.
Back to after dinner.
Brett investigated & sure enough he was on the phone with a customer service rep.
He wanted to know why?
Why are they so expensive & when are they gonna fix that?
The nice gentleman on the other end of the phone took him into the Apple website, talked to him for a bit then-
(trent did not think this was funny & took the matter seriously. He also didn't want hailey taking his photo!)
That's where I came in.
I got on the phone- to hear this guy cracking up. It was a first for him. No one has ever called him to complain about their prices. Well- what do you know? (I could hardly contain my own laughter) I explained that he is is 11 & not happy that all his older siblings, you know- have Ipods. He told me that he showed him where the refurbished products can be found online & that he explained that they do have sales around the holidays but they are only one or two days & the discount- maybe $20-30. He also told him he should never order something online without asking his parents first! WEll THANK HEAVENS FOR THAT.
Life is hard being the youngest in a large family.
Trent- you gotta love the kid.

8 comments:

Kristy said...

Oh my gosh I am laughing so hard at this story!!!!! TOOOO FUNNY!!!!!! Gotta love that boy~!

She Loves To Make said...

lol this story is hilarious! I'm just impressed he got through to an actual employee! I'm sure apple has multiple numbers you have to push before you actually get to speak to a rep!

Johnna said...

That is just a great story, I too am laughing so hard. But also impressed with the Apple Employee. What a great attitude, maybe he should be teaching some classes at my insurance company...erg......

Love you lots, and thanks for sharing.

Amie said...

Hilarious!

I'm impressed that he knows how to take matters into his own hands. I love that he got a nice sales guy...

Holly said...

Trent is a get it done kind of guy! Love this story--your life is never boring is it? :)

It was sweet of the Apple man to help him though.

Karolynn said...

Trent is just awesome. I can't believe he called Apple. He is super smart! Ipads are awesome! Carter had one donated to him and it is helping him out so much.

Jill said...

How funny! He is such a character. I'm glad he hadn't ordered one online with your credit card!

michelle said...

HA! I love Trent!