Sunday, February 27, 2011

bird watching on a Saturday morning

Yesterday morning Brett talked me into driving over to to the Farmington Bay wetlands. I didn't want to go because it was cold & snowy & I didn't think the birds would be visible.
BOy golly was I wrong!
I was so glad we went!
It miraculously stopped snowing most of the time we were there & we saw so many beautiful birds. Have I ever mentioned here what huge bird lovers we are in this house? We have many feeders in the back yard. Brett comes from a long line of bird lovers. His parents & grandparents were all bird watchers too.
Way off in the distance- hello? my iphone camera just doesn't do justice- did I mention I didn't think we would see anything? I'm so ridiculous...
anyhow- those four posts in the distance are Great Blue Heron nests. With Great Blue Herons in them! They were so beautiful & so awesome to see sitting in their nests.



We really went to see the bald eagles.
I counted 27 in one group - we got in the car to drive over & get a closer look.

Meadow Larks on the way-- hard to see them-- but they sound so pretty.


We are on the very East side of the Great Salt Lake.
It's pretty here- can you believe this former SEattle- ite is saying that?
I never thought this place would look pretty to me.
There they are- majestic.

Eagles in the wild- in their element. It was stunning.
This golden eagle wasn't afraid of people, not one bit.


Amazing- I'm so glad Brett talked me into going.
On the way out I was taking a photo of this guy & missed him flying right over our car.
wow

5 comments:

She Loves To Make said...

Wow! That sounds like so much fun! I bet Dad was loving every second.

Jill said...

What an "out of the box" kind of activity, I'm so glad it ended up being so fun for you two.

shannon said...

Bird watching is the best!! I'm a total bird enthusiast!

That picture of the frigid eagle is giving me the shivers!!

Karolynn said...

So awesome! I have to take Ivan, he loves birds!

michelle said...

I love that you are bird watchers. And I love that you never thought this place could be beautiful, but have changed your mind. My thoughts exactly.

They really are majestic!