Thursday, February 10, 2011

elizabeth

Yesterday I got a phone call from my sister in law Beth.
She got the quilt!
I sent it Monday & it was already there.
She was so happy, but I was too.
So happy she liked it.
I've wanted to make something special for her for YEARS. I've been looking for just the right fabric. When i saw this line- Authentic By Sweetwater for Moda
I knew immediately - this is it!
I started it early Fall because she has a November birthday.
missed it
I thought- hey I'll get it there by Christmas.
missed it
Wouldn't you just love to get a gift just for the heck of it?
Now I think, it's almost better this way?
Just so she knows...
she is loved.
(unfortunately the Authentic line of fabric is nearly impossible to find anymore! I wanted some for the backing--- but it was no where in my town or near it. Still- Sweetwater has some other great fabrics. Plus ,that is where I got my super cute fabric labels- You can custom create your own & they are fabulous!!)

2 comments:

Beth said...

I LOVE IT!! It is the most perfect, beautiful gift, and I feel sooooo very special and LOVED!! It came at the perfect time as we prepare for our missionary to start his papers to apply for a mission and I am feeling especially anxious... it is so comforting. And because it was made by your hands with so much love, that just radiates to me everytime I wrap under it. The extra bonus is that is smells so good, and is super soft!!! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!! You mean so much to me and I absolutely LOVE it!!

michelle said...

Those fabrics are fabulous! And I love the pattern, too. I have always wanted to make a quilt with a white background but have never done it... maybe you will inspire me to finally start quilting again. Jessie and I decided that quilts are the ultimate, perfect gift. A gift of love that is destined to become an heirloom!