Thursday, February 24, 2011

catching up

So- it's been a busy busy week here at the Messer's.
I'm happy it started with a day off & a trip to Sam's Club.
Seriously- it was fun going to Sam's club... really!
There is a brand, spankin', new store downtown & I love it's crisp clean freshness.
We got hot dogs & a new exercise bike- we've been waiting for the price to go down after the January rush to buy & it finally did. We've been slowly adding one piece at a time & we have nearly a gym now in the basement. It is really a fun place to go & exercise plus watch a movie etc. The bike is great for reading too. I am a believer in having all this equipment, even though I don't use it as much as I should- because folks- it's snowy & cold here. It's hard to get outside in the snow & frankly we get a lot of pollution socked up against the mountains. The air is at times- down right gross. Trent spends hours down there burning energy & maybe someday I will too- ha- don't count on it. (just keepin it real)
I sure love these two cuties!
They spent the rest of the afternoon putting up the bike & guess what? Trent put the whole thing together himself- with supervision of course- but totally alone!
Besides a trip to Sam's club this week ...
We've had ballet, carpool, I've worked some, the missionaries came for dinner, we went to the Blue & Gold Banquet, & last night was New Beginnings for the girls.
crazy
busy
New Beginnings is a first of the year kick off kind of deal for all the young women of our church. It's a time we celebrate each girl, the new girls coming into the program & all the great opportunities that come with being a young woman in our church.

I love how this picture turned out of chloe- hailey's was great too but I was talking too much & didn't get a photo before they took it down... darn it.

did I mention amongst the chaos-
Brian is still working on the floor.
So the whole dining room is taken apart & we eat in the family room- NO SHOES allowed. It's looking GREAT & I can't wait for it to be done... but it's a slow, painful, process & we are trying to get it just right. The paint is drying/curing. Only the white kitchen squares are left. Hopefully early next week I will put the first coat of sealant on it!
I am having a recurrent nightmare of someone walking across it with stilettos. I would seriously take then down. then cry.
How is your week coming along?

7 comments:

wende said...

i love sam's club. i need a membership. i love home gyms, no need to see all those tiny (in places) girls at the gym. :) i have been treadmilling like crazy until i got sick this weekend, now i just need to get back into the groove. why is it so hard?

i love that photo of chloe! both the girls are so photogentic. i'm sure they will save the photos for the girls. then they can hang them in their rooms.

i love your floor. gorgeous.

She Loves To Make said...

The floor is looking so gorgeous! It will be so worth it when it is over.
I'm extremely jealous of your home gym! I would love that!
Oh and I l.o.v.e Sams club hot dogs.

Kristy said...

The floor is looking awesome!!

I am going to get me Sam's club membership really soon. I think I have convinced Kelly to get one.

I can't believe how busy life has been lately!!

michelle said...

I can't believe you got them all to go to Sam's! My family would not want to do that. I guess we're all pathological homebodies.

The floor looks amazing. I am seriously jealous of that floor. And I am giggling over the thought of you taking someone down who walked on it in stilettos.

Linda said...

What an amazing floor but man, what work! I just don't have that kind of energy left in me anymore!

We have a Sam's close by but I never seem to go there. I tend to prefer Costco.

Gorgeous picture of Chloe!

Jill said...

The thought of you taking down a stiletto-wearing kitchen-floor crosser is cracking me up!

shannon said...

I * LOVE* THE* FLOOR!!! I did that in our kitchen several years ago with porch paint...I've loved it ever since...

What a beautiful picture of Chloe!
That's a great refreshment spread...very nice food presentation!

P.S. Did Wende tell you that I'm coming out for Women's Conference at the end of April? WE HAVE TO MEET!!!!