Saturday, January 1, 2011

some things I don't want to forget...

There are so many things I haven't gotten around to blogging this season!
I don't want to forget them---
so I am documenting them real quick-like.
For instance- the gifts the girls & I made to give their friends this year.
Mini apple & cherry pies!
They turned out so cute-
and Trent's gifts
also cute & just his style
the guy--- he LOVES root beer!
Just a couple of days ago I stopped at Walmart to stock up on my new obsession..
Peppermint oreos... oh my goodness!
These are the Walmart brand- but they are just as good.
At .88 a bag- I bought 11 packages.
I'm not even embarrassed about it.
One package a month for the year- until they are back again.
These should be permanent!
I LOVe them & I don't even like regular oreos.

Brett & I spent the night in Provo this week.
Hailey was in charge- Brian was up in Cody (with Laura... ooh la, la) visiting his Grandparents. We went out to dinner, shopping & to see this!
I LOVED IT!!!
It was fantastic, worth the trip (in icy cold treacherous weather) & YES we are going back with the kids. Afterwards we went to Costco to look for some thing they were out of at our Costco (we are just romantic like that) and guess what- the Orem Costco has GELATO!?
WHAT IN THE WORLD? We are getting ripped off at our Costco.
Ripped off I tell you!
It was YUm- O
Not the world's best Gelato--- but still really good!
I am making a formal request to the Costco people immediately.

Last week Trent made Chloe this darling
"Christmas tree"
out of Lincoln logs & some other building toys.

and last but not least-
The Christmas cookies I pooped out on.
Chloe finished them on her own & they turned out so darling!

Aren't they cute!?


The cookie cutters are on clearance now at Williams Sonoma.
Unfortunately between the cookies, more cookies, gelato etc. I have had a permanent stomach ache & can't wait to get back to eating "real" food.
Still- it was great while it lasted!
Are you sick of heavy Holiday food?
do you Love Peppermint & Costco?
Do you go to Art Exhibits?

8 comments:

Gail said...

Loved that exhibit!!! Taking the kids in a couple of months.

We are seriously getting ripped of by the lack of gelato around here. I am generally willing to drive a long way for gelato and it is getting harder and harder to find. Every place I knew of to get it has closed lately.

Unknown said...

Love that you took the time to document these little special things!

Happy New Year, Patsy! I hope it is incredible for you and your family :)

She Loves To Make said...

Oh my goodness, yes. I am SO sick of heavy holiday food! Yet I can't stop eating it and complaining about how sick I feel...just ask Tony :)
The kids friend gifts were darling this year! What a fun idea to do pies!

Beth said...

Peppermint anything!!! Yum! I have some lotion that I could just lick, I love the smell so much. But now I can refrain, I will be looking for these goodies now! Love your thinking on a pkg a month until they come back, LOL, good luck with that... I would have to hide them in the dishwasher here (so my boys would for sure not find them... ha ha).

michelle said...

I NEED those peppermint oreos! I think I will have to make a special trip to walmart for those.

I do love Costco. I have tried their gelato - not very authentic, but pretty good ice cream nonetheless!

Can you believe I am not really sick of the holiday food? Sadly, I never really get tired of treats...

Our YM/YW are going to that exhibit in a couple of weeks, I'm excited!

Jill said...

I tend to embrace all Oreos. Zupas had chocolate-covered peppermint Oreos which were fabulous.

Randy went to the exhibit, but I need to go.

If it makes you feel any better the AF Costco doesn't have gelato either!

Holly said...

I missed out on the peppermint oreos--which is probably good since I lack all self-control around them.

Glad y'all had a fun getaway date--hey, Costco can be fun AND you discovered their Gelato.

Kim Sue said...

that christmas tree is precious!