Tuesday, January 18, 2011

last week

Last week was very busy-
Besides having no camera cord -
I was without my sweet husband...
he was on a business trip for his new job!
It had been a LOnng time since he had traveled for business & an even LOnnnnger time since he had been gone a full week.
Needless to say- I was busy! I was busy working- only 3 days...still.
(I always drive home the scenic way- past the Salt Lake Temple- then past the Capitol building.)

Busy sharing this darling photo of Charlie - that Megan sent to me via text.
I love it!
Isn't he big in his new front facing car seat!?
Baby sitting
I had a preschool day here with three of my favorite preschoolers & got lucky & got to tend these two cuties for a full hour! I sat & held this sweet baby the whole hour. Joy.

I Made loads of Chocolate chip cookies.
Made a "new to me" recipe-- Baked ravioli's-- YUM
(Check out blogger mom's cook for the recipe coming soon!)
Busy helping kids with homework & then surprising them with an end of semester breakfast treat-
Cookie Crisp cereal.
(I had no idea what a HUGE deal this would be...
wow- Trent nearly passed out with excitement- who knew?)
I went to my sewing class & drove home in a snow storm.
Shoveled snow.

Then, Friday night Trent & I went to the Capitol Building as part of a surprise party for my niece Brittany's 30th birthday! Her roommates had planned a Huge party. A limo delivered her to the capitol where 30 guys were waiting with 30 kisses & roses. Trent was one of the guys.

He was so thrilled to be a part of the surprise & loved seeing the limo! Afterwards we went on a date to mom's work (Trent's choice??) and then to Sam's club for some pizza & shopping. In case you didn't know- going to the capitol building & Sam's Club with Heely's on (tennis shoes with wheels in the bottom) is a super fast fun time... if you are 11. Later that night (or should I say the next morning) we picked up dad at the airport after midnight! His plane had been delayed. Boy, were we glad to have him home.
There is no photographic proof due to tiredness.

All in all-
it was a good week.
Not a blogging kind of week.
but a good week.

5 comments:

Brit said...

I'm so glad that you and Trent were there to share in my birthday! It made it that much more special!!

wende said...

so glad that you made it through your week! it was fun to have so many chances to hang out at your house! and the preschooler day, oh man patsy, you're just the BEST.

and brittany has the best roommates ever! what a fun idea!

Holly said...

Glad you had a good busy kind of week and not a bad busy.

That was so sweet for Trent to be included--he looks pretty happy about it too.

What a pretty drive home!

Hope this week is a little more normal. :)

Jill said...

I remember how excited we were when Landon got to switch to the front-facing car seat! Charlie looks adorable in his.

It was sweet of you to babysit those two, I would have held the baby the whole time too.

The baked ravioli looks great.

Brittany's 30th birthday celebration sounds like a thoughtful and fun event.

Beth said...

Wow, great catch up blog on your week - all sounds wonderful!

Phew! I was so relieved to read that Trent was one of Brit's kisses! So sweet and fun you guys were there!! I have been fretting ever since reading on her blog about who the 30 strange men could have been?? So glad I don't have to worry about anyone secretly stalking her anymore.