Friday, January 7, 2011

a couple new favorites

For Christmas this year
I got something...
something I have always wanted.
Something I have swooned over & possibly coveted.
Just possibly.
I told myself when I got my little job at W.S. that I would buy one with my first paycheck- but I didn't. Why? cause I'm a mom & it was Christmas time, silly! But-- don't you worry your pretty little head off- my sweetheart took me shopping & we bought one together. (I have the discount or I'm sure he would have gone in & bought it himself, wink wink.) I brought it home & put it away with the other hidden presents. Just to make sure I didn't peak at it too much and... I didn't take it out until Christmas Eve.
what could it be... you ask?
(the beginnings of Beef Stew)
A Red-LeCreuset-
Enamel Covered-Cast Iron
Dutch Oven
Oh heavenly day
I am so happy to have one!
What? A pot? What's so great about a pot?
JUST EVERYTHING
Hello?
She & She cook with them all the time!
I've just always wanted one.
There are a lot of copies out there.
But the original-
I have one.
and I like it.
I also got this for Christmas
I happen to love Lucinda Scala Quinn.
She has her own show now (my new favorite show- I watch it EVeryDAY) on the Hallmark Channel. She has three sons & a husband & cooks real food. She has a gift for making real food fast. She understands the importance of family dinner & I like that. It's not just for feeding men & boys. It's about cooking good, economical, family food that's not boring.
guess what pot she cooks with a lot... ?
ya- I got one for Christmas.
Tonight I am making these to go with meatloaf.
I make great meatloaf.
One of these days I will include the recipe on the cooking blog.
Another new favorite.
I am in love with this spiced chestnut hand lotion.
It smells so good.
It smells just like the store to me.
I used to use the sample every time I worked-
just before I left- so I could smell it all day.
It's on sale right now 1/2 price!
I don't know if they will carry it next year?
They mix it up a lot...
Do you have any new favorite things?

2 comments:

Holly said...

That shuuure is a puurty pot Patsy! Congrats. I have a Lodge which is kind of a knock-off I guess but I like it, maybe I can move up to the big leagues someday. :)

I've never heard of Lucida, but her cooking sounds interesting. Real food that is tasty and doesn't take a lifetime to find the ingredients and then cook pretty quickly is the best. Keep us updated as you try it out.
(please)

I haven't been to our WS in forever and you are making me want to go bad! That lotion sounds yummy.

Jill said...

Blast it--we don't have the Hallmark Channel!

I want one of those too and was looking at them at Wal-Mart with Randy just last night, but even there they cost $70! I don't see that fitting into our budget any time soon, especially since the main reason I want one is to make Michelle's Artisan bread recipe. I have made it successfully in a pot with a lid but the house smelled like burnt plastic from the handles...not good (they didn't melt though).

I hope you'll post some of the good stuff you make with that, and I'd like to see your meatloaf recipe!