Tuesday, July 6, 2010

a scouting kind of week...

In the past week- we have had 3...
count them
3 scouting activities!

A week ago- pack meeting.
The next day- webelo day camp
Then today- a candy factory tour.

Day camp was AWESOME.

Every year I dread going.
SuPEr dread going- like I can't sleep- I get really crabby...
Then-
I get there & it's totally fun.

This year I spent the whole day thinking I never want to be released from this job! The boys were so good & we had such a fun time.
Then it started getting late in the day & hotter... & hotter.
I don't do heat very well.
I was absolutely exhausted when I got home.


Pack meeting is always good.
The candy tour...?
well- let's just say- my own son & one other fought the whole time.
lovely
maybe it's a good thing we don't meet again until August?
I don't even want to upload the photo I took
still- the boys had a GREAt time & that's what matters!?
*have you ever been a cub scout leader?

6 comments:

Beth said...

Great pictures... it looked really fun! I bet your glad it's behind you now and you can have a different focus for a few weeks. Hugs!!

Jill said...

Wow, 3 scout activities is a lot, especially when they involve field trips like these. I can imagine what a fun leader you are.

I always hated Pack Meetings and was so thrilled when Landon was old enough to move on!

everything pink! said...

i secretly and openly hope that I never get called into scouting. hats off to all that do it.
I am hoping that my 3 girls will keep me occupied in other areas.

wende said...

just because kristi said that, she'll get called to it - and she will be gREAT.

your scouts are so lucky to have you. webelos camp was as near as bad as i thought it was going to be when i was a leader. but still...one time is enough. :)

Janae said...

You are an amazing, positive, scout girl...you will have to help me if I ever get the joy of this calling:)

michelle said...

I have been a cub scout leader! And I spent the entire time alternating between trying to have a better attitude and hoping I'd get released. I never did learn how to enjoy it. You are my cub scout hero!