Monday, July 19, 2010

picking up sunshine

Last Friday was such a big day-
It was time for the ballerina to come home.
A couple days before, Brett had mentioned to me how Chloe is like a ray of sunshine around the house & he was missing her- then after she got back my sweet friend karen described her the same way!

I took loads of - not so great photos- at the parents & guest's performance...
(I really need to read the manual that came with my camera)
Afterwards we met the missionary teacher- (did I ever mention Brian works at the missionary training center in Provo? He teaches advance Spanish speakers how to teach the gospel.)
Then picked up everything she owned from here dorm room & headed home.

We stopped at Thanksgiving point for some JCW burgers & fries!
Some people- gee- I wonder who?
were not too thrilled to be going to a ballet performance & wanted to stand outside the door...? then that same someone drove all of the teens & one YAdult a little mad while eating burgers. Hmmm? I guess they don't remember being 10- because frankly they all had similar type personalities at times- and ya - it can be annoying.

Brett ordered this Jalapeno burger
which made me shudder!
I like spicy... but woe this is scary


We invited chloe's dear friend caroline!
It was great to see them together they've had such busy summer schedules.

It was so fun to be out together as a family
and YES before she went to bed I rubbed chloe's feet!
she danced for 7-8 hours a day & loved every minute...
but her poor feet were so tired.
I've been thinking-
wouldn't you like to be known as a ray of sunshine?
I would- I think I'm gonna work on that!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

what a wonderful way to be described!! so glad she had fun.

your blog looks so cute! maybe i haven't been around in a while?

the expression on the older kids' faces in the restaurant are priceless! i have a 9 year old who's trying to remember what it's like to be 5 when he hangs out with his cousins...

She Loves To Make said...

Chloe really is a ray of sunshine! I would love to be called that as well!
That burger looks sooo...good. I might be able to handle a few jalapenos, definitely not that many but it looks delicious!

Jill said...

What an awesome experience for Chloe, it must have been like FAME (remember that old TV show?). I would have loved to have been there taking pictures of all those toe shoes!

Janae said...

Yay for Chloe being home! I agree she is one of the sweetest girls I have ever run into:) the burger looks scary...i want to know if it was good?

michelle said...

Yes, I would love to be known as a ray of sunshine! (Not very likely, though.)

Dancing on toe shoes 7-8 hours a day sounds painful!

I have a 10 year old who sulks at times and wants to do things like stand outside as well...

Anonymous said...

This is Brett...that burger was great but i had to remove the jalepenos. You've heard the war saying "FIRE IN THE HOLE!" Yeah, I must admit I'm a wimp, but I couldn't risk it!!!