Wednesday, March 3, 2010

smokin' hot scout fun

Yesterday was scouts.
We moved our meetings to Tuesday afternoons & I like it!
We are working on the Geologist pin & did all the "hard" work last week. This week, my fantastic new co-leader had the brilliant idea to make volcanoes. Last week my brain was mush.
So we made these- paper plate volcanoes.
There is a dixie cup in the middle of the paper plate, it's covered in aluminum foil. The boys put a couple of teaspoons of baking soda in the cup & poured in some vinegar.
fun
I love how boys think the smell of vinegar is the worst thing on the planet, so funny.
WEll- I wanted to take it up a notch- and we are the skit at pack meeting this month... so we decided to make one big volcano of paper mache.
(it was crazy hair day at school- which explains the hairdo of the blond guy here)
Next week we will paint it & then for pack meeting we are going to show it off with a fabulous red lava flow!!!
(I will cover up the cream of chicken logo on the side of the box... before next time...)
Who says cub scouts isn't any fun!?
Don't you think this volcano looks like The Matterhorn?
Maybe we should put a roller coaster around it & have the lava spill out onto the people??
maybe not
and maybe that would fit in with the cream of chicken title. Considering the people on the roller coasters...
are getting creamed with lava?
oh boy I let my sick sense of humor shine through- sorry ;)

6 comments:

Kristy said...

You ROCK Patsy!!! I need to send Jake to your webelos meetings!

wende said...

you really are the coolest cub scout leader ever. your boys are so lucky.
and, i think the matterhorn themed volcano with roller coaster would be awesome. the boys would love it even if their parents didn't, and who are we trying to please here? :)

Janae said...

You are too funny! and by far the best scout leader around! What lucky boys:) the volcano is very Matterhornish...i'm impressed!

She Loves To Make said...

What a fun activity! I would have fun doing that!

michelle said...

Now see, that's why you're the greatest cub scout leader -- you like to "take things up a notch." I certainly never felt like doing that when I was in scouts!

John and Misty said...

Those are awesome! I can't wait to see it in action at Pack Meeting! I think it would be hilarious to add the people and roller coaster to the Matterhorn! The boys are so lucky to have you!