Monday, March 22, 2010

jack's day

Yesterday was Jack's big day.
The day he spoke to our congregation & guests (loads of friends there) before he leaves for his mission to Brazil on April 6th.
His topic:
the Worth of Souls
I am his mother... but I think he hit it out of the ballpark.
It was beautiful to hear him speak of Christ, the potential in all of us, the gift of this life, and how we should be more like Him by loving one another.
a mother pay day- for sure.
Man I love this kid.
AFter ward, we had a load of teens, family & friend over to eat.
Many had come from college etc. with a drive back awaiting them.
It was great to have Ruthie & Greg here & their family.

You just can't believe h0w many sweet friends brought food & well wishes.



These two seriously saved my bacon.
Brittany has skills- catering skills, people skills, hard working dish washing skills & even mopping my floor skills. I couldn't have made it all happen without her- well, I could but it would have been so much harder! thanks brittany- I love you.

friends

cousins

brenna-
I love brenna
she's one of jack's oldest friends

The peanut & brian.
the peanut did not like brian even though brian tried really hard to get on his good side.
(the peanut loves me... I am so proud)
more friends

cousins

cousins

dudes

more dudes

lauren & adam

the peanut & his favorite guy...
his big brother.
It was a great day!
I wish you could have been here.

10 comments:

Kristy said...

Jack did an awesome job on his talk. He had grown and matured some much the past few months. You should be a proud a Mom!! He will make an awesome missionary!

All the food looked great! My kids were happy I let them run over for a few minutes before church, sorry I missed it!

She Loves To Make said...

I WISH we could have been there too! I'm so glad it turned out so great. The food looks wonderful!

michelle said...

It looks like such a great day! Love those parenting paydays.

So many friends and family to help you celebrate, it's wonderful.

And... I'm DYING over the cake plates. Especially those blue ones! Dying.

Brittany Gilson said...

I'm so glad we were able to be there! And I'm glad I was helpful :). Love you guys!

Jill said...

Hooray for a great parental payday! I'm so glad the day went well and that Jack got to be surrounded by so many friends and family.

Beth said...

I wish we could have been with you too! Thanks for all the great pictures, it's the next best thing!!!

Love and Hugs!

The Taylors said...

He really did do so great! I loved being there! Your family is the best!

wende said...

oh gosh, i'm so sad i missed this. darn vertigo.

oh, and...love that brenna. :)

Brittany Gilson said...

Marcus read your blog post and this is his comment:

"Jack's talk really was amazing. I think 'hit it out of the ballpark' explains it very well!"

Karrie said...

This was such a great day Jack did an awesome job! The food was to die for...especially the peanut butter squares!!!