Tuesday, March 16, 2010

jack- 19

today is jack's 19th birthday!
it's hard to believe my baby is so big...
1. Jack has a calming influence on me & on our household.
2. He is funny- so funny.
3. He is passionate about politics.
4. He is passionate about American History.
5. but... per his mother's advice... he has temporarily cut himself off from current events in order to be ready for his mission.
6. He is reluctantly going with me to Build a Bear today!!!
7. We are making a "missionary bear" with a voice message.
8. It will help trent....
9. and me- when we just miss him too darn much over the next two years.
10. NO I will not sleep with it- that's just creepy & wrong.
11. He has read the Book of Mormon three times since January 1st.
12. He has read many books & studied daily getting ready for the MTC- (missionary training center)
13. He is still waiting for a VISA.
14. He was such a happy baby-
15. He sucked his thumb until he was six-
16. and carried a blanket "baba" (so cute)
17. I miss those days... kind of
18. He was still a little scrapper & never missed a chance to punch or tease his older brother & sister.
19. I am going to miss this boy...!

8 comments:

she'sonlyhappyinthesun said...

I remember the "baba." :) I am so glad we lived close to you guys back then. Happy Birthday Jack.

Beth said...

Happy Birthday to the missionary! Great to keep up with all the events these last days before he leaves! Thanks so much for sharing, he is wonderful and we love him!!

PaD said...

Happy Birthday Jack!!! I remember when he was born I held him so long I could still feel him when we left for home. I was fat and cuddlie (sp) and he liked for me to hold him. Maybe his mother just let me think so but I loved being there for his birth. He's special as are all my grandchildren and ggrand's. Molly had her boy "Jacob Altin? Vella. I wrote down his middle name and now I can't find it. 7 lbs and 13 ounces is what I remember. I love all these babies. I wish we were all close enough so I could hold them. gmaw D

michelle said...

I think the missionary bear idea is genius! I like the way he humors you (and you him). Happy birthday to Jack.

wende said...

happy birthday jack - oh man we love you around this house! mostly because you have the best hair, but that's just ONE of the great reasons you're awesome. :)

jakenapril said...

happy birthday to jack! he'll make a great missionary. and i love the 'missionary bear' idea. always thinkin' ahead, you are. love it!

Johnna said...

Happy Birthday a bit late. We love you Jack and know that you will be a great missionary. You are going to love Brasil!

I too think the bear is a great idea. I listened to Marcus' phone message a few times until we discontinued the service. Hey, it's a mom thing....make no excuses.

Love you all!

Kristy said...

Happy Birthday Jack!!! You will make an awesome missionary!