Wednesday, March 24, 2010

getting ready

*we are getting ready to leave for Arkansas today.
*a ticket from SLC is $450
*a ticket from Vegas... $200
*there are seven of us, you do the math
*my parents live near there so we are driving down & spending the night
*then heading for In & Out Burger
* then heading for the airport
*priorities
*driving in the car with 5 kids is not much better than driving in the car with 6 kids
*it is much better- MUCH better- than driving in the car with 6 kids & 2 dogs
*not that we are stupid enough to ever do that? (no we are not)
*When 2 of the kids are adults it's easier... right.
*I'm almost positive we have never gotten out of the house for a trip on time.
*I hope we do today!?
*I guess I need to get off the computer?

What makes a road trip easier in your family?
any ideas?
quick... I've gotta go soon!!!
**leave me a comment & I will send you a post card**

7 comments:

Kristy said...

I think the "adult" children are worse than little children!!! You can hand out sleeping pills as they each get into the car.....then it will nice and quite!!! Good luck and may the force be with you!!!! :)

Brittany Gilson said...

We're going to miss you! Have fun with Megan, Tony, and Charlie! :)

The Taylors said...

I hope you have so much fun!

Karrie said...

I am thinking of you guys...I want to go somewhere on a plane...have a great time and text me while you are gone.

wende said...

you don't have to send me a post card - just kiss that cute charlie for me instead. i totally want to be that kids' grandma! (not to replace his current grandma of course!)

have so much fun. maybe this time you should bring ziploc bags incase there's any puking or diarrhea "incidents". :)

be safe!

Brit said...

Have a great trip! I think it is so great that your whole family gets to be together. I love it when that happens!!!

michelle said...

Good luck on the drive. I think it's funny that the adult kids are no better than the young ones. Funny and scary and frustrating.

Have a great trip!!