Tuesday, December 8, 2009

tree trimming

Saturday afternoon Brett decided to put up the tree. Just for the heck of it, and because Trent had been begging all day. We got it up & ya the lights were not working- I really want a new tree- but the one I want is way too much money & last year when I suggested we get a new tree Jack just about went in the coronary heart failure. I had no idea he was such a sentimental guy.

So after Trent asked me 25,000 times to go get new lights... I finally went 30 minutes before I needed to be at the Saturday evening session of stake conference. Thankfully- the lights were on the tree when we got back.

Sunday night we started decorating. I didn't want to decorate the tree this year without jack... he is such the tree lover... but such is life in the family that is growing up... and I can't complain- right- I mean Brian is home!






hailey didn't want to join in because brian was bugging her & she says she hates decorating the Christmas tree?
He of course told her she would regret it.
that's what big brother, return missionaries are for- to bug you & tell you how much you should enjoy being home-- because if you don't, you are gonna regret it. Just what every sixteen year old loves to hear. Poor Hailey, she went from being the oldest to being a little kid again- dang that's rough.




I used to love decorating the tree -
now I love watching my kids do it!
~so fun- really fun stuff here~
p.s. Don't forget to vote in the post below for where you think missionary jack will be sent to!!! he is claiming the prize will be a DQ gift card!
(sonic for those of you who don't have DQ you poor, poor folks)

3 comments:

Karrie said...

aww...I love the kids getting all excited about the tree...Jack can help take it down...since he missed putting it up.

wende said...

i'm with you, i used to love decorating the tree, but now i just let the kids do it, they love it and it's so much fun to watch them. of course, i declared our tree the world's ugliest this year, so obviously, my expectations aren't too high. when did i decide to let that go? my tree used to be so pretty.

michelle said...

SO jealous. I wish our tree was up!

Poor Hailey, it is hard to be demoted.

Our DQ was torn down, dang it.