Thursday, December 3, 2009

five for wednesday, just because

1. two weeks ago when it was brian's homecoming we had soup & rolls & cornbread. I make really good cornbread. I noticed no one was really eating it? I just figured they weren't "cornbread people" until later than night I tasted it- eeew gross. I guess being up the night before until 4:00 AM talking with college jack & return missionary brian, took it's tole on the cornbread, bummer. It was worth it to be up with them.

2. I have been insisting chloe do all her awesome impressions for brian - since he left, before she started doing them. Chloe is SO FUNNy!!! She can recite the whole movie of Nacho Libre- her & hailey's rendition is hilarious!! I could watch them all day long & laugh & laugh & laugh & .... she's sick of me asking- but chloe- you are so funny!

3. It's not supposed to get above freezing today- I am so thankful it is still sunny. I can handle cold when it's sunny.

4. I have chosen a word for next year. I've been thinking about it for a long time.

5. I cannot wait for Christmas for ONE REASON... Charlie will be here. oh heavenly day! that kid couldn't be cuter if he was carved outta butter!

9 comments:

She Loves To Make said...

Your cornbread didn't turn out?! That's too bad because that stuff is the best!
I'm excited to see these impersonations from Chloe. She's sure got a sense of humor I never would've guessed!
Christmas is getting so close! whoo hoo!!!

Jill said...

I wonder what went wrong with the corn bread, a missed ingredient perhaps?

I'd like some video of Hailey and Chloe doing their version of Nacho Libre...please, please, please!

Oh Charlie is such a doll, no wonder you're excited for Christmas!

wende said...

are you SURE he's NOT carved out of butter? cream cheese perhaps - they're all dairy products and his diet IS all milk all the time. hmmm? maybe i should try this diet? :)

i can't wait for megan to come either! i'm seriously dying over that cutie and can't wait to point my (well YOUR) camera at him!

sorry about the cornbread. i didn't taste it so i was unaware. :)

Kristy said...

What a cute cute picture of Charlie!!! I hope we get to see him when comes to visit!!!

crystal said...

I'm just about to try a z tejas cornbread knockoff recipe. Advice? Other than don't make it at 4am?

Incidentally, I made cinnamon rolls this week--started making them at midnight. I put them in the oven, went to take a cat-nap and had forgotten to set the timer.

Burned them BLACK. It's amazing I didn't burn down the house. Sheesh.

crystal said...

"When you are a man, sometimes you wear stretchy pants in your room."

Love that movie!

crystal said...

That Charlie--he's scrumptious!

michelle said...

I love that you stayed up till 4:00 with your boys. You are a fun mom!

I'm dying over you saying that Charlie couldn't be cuter if he was carved out of butter! How wonderful to have your whole family together for Christmas.

Karrie said...

I really need to be on the babysitting list when Charlie is here ...can you take all the family out for a nice dinner and leave Charlie with Me? Please!!!!