Tuesday, December 15, 2009

romancing the stone...

Last Friday was such a great day I just have to post about it- even though it has past.
the cubscouts
got together to start step one in our Christmas gifts for parents- this friday is step two... so far they are turning out divine!


Chloe had a perfect bun for ballet & decided to document it- isn't this a cool photo?!
Brett & I dressed up all snazzy & ran downtown to pick up one of his clients from Ohio & his wife. We had a fabulous evening - first we went here for dinner- it was my first time eating there & it was
so muCH FUN!
I Loved it!
the view... the food... ahhh!
(I had a diet coke & didn't even know- it would maybe be my last)
then we had tickets on the plaza...
for this!
We were thrilled to have tickets! Brett entered the lottery to get them months before & we were not only lucky to get them, but on the plaza... wow. It was beautiful. I loved Natalie Cole & David McCullough. The whole show was centered on Christ, the Christmas season, our country at Christmas... it just doesn't get better than this. I will be so excited to see it next year on PBS.


Friday night I was really, really wishing Megan's town was closer-- she & tony & charlie were invited to be Mary, Joseph & baby Jesus for a multi-denominational live nativity. Can you even believe how cute they are!?

Saturday morning we woke up early to go to our church Christmas breakfast. As soon as I sat up in bed... I knew I was in trouble. I was hoping I had just slept wrong, but no. I know that pain- kidney pain. We went to the breakfast as a family & brett & I left early for the ER. There is such a looming feeling in the ER. I could tell the nurse didn't believe I had a kidney stone- she even told me later that rarely do women come in who are not pregnant with a stone. I wish she had been right.

Saturday is kind of a blur I don't want to think about--- but Sunday Chloe put together her annual Christmas gingerbread - this year a train! I bought the kit for a train thinking Trent would want to help, he just wanted to eat it.
Yesterday, Monday- we got a call from Tony & Megan was in the ER!?
She had had several gall bladder issues with her pregnancy & now-- it had to come out!
My goodness- poor thing- she just had Charlie two months ago. Now this... oh boy. She said she is feeling good now, I am hoping she is resting. They will be here in a week. I just hope the trip isn't too much for her.

Monday was full of prayer for megan wrapping presents & resting... then this morning I called the Urologist who got me in on Friday morning. The nurse told me the average stone takes 10-14 days to pass- WHAT ON EARTH!? that was that- I'm done waiting for this stupid stone. I told Brian to get ready- we are going shopping. I have a million & one things to do. He is busy most of the week- today had to be the day to get it done.


I really don't want to be out in public at all. I look like death warmed over & the last thing I want is severe kidney pain while driving... eeek. Lucky for you I deleted the one & only picture of myself I have taken in a while. We headed to the post office to send off our family gifts, then out to buy some things still missing from my list.

so I am back to sitting on the couch wrapping presents.
one thing is for sure- I won't be up late Christmas Eve wrapping presents this year.

6 comments:

michelle said...

How cute that Megan and her family were in the nativity!

How sad that both of you were in the E.R..... man oh man I hope that stone passes quickly and leaves you in peace before Christmas! I'm having trouble imagining wrapping presents on the couch.

She Loves To Make said...

10-14 days?! That just won't do! Hang in there!
I love that picture of Chloe's bun!
I wish you could have walked around The Roof taking pictures of the food--that probably wouldn't be appreciated though...

She Loves To Make said...

10-14 days?! That just won't do! Hang in there!
I love that picture of Chloe's bun!
I wish you could have walked around The Roof taking pictures of the food--that probably wouldn't be appreciated though...

shannon said...

I'm green with envy everytime I hear you mention something about the cute projects and field trips that Trent gets to do with the cubs. Our troop is the living pits!

How cute that Megan and her little family got to be Mary & Joseph!

I can't believe what a trooper you are to still be up for doing anything other than writhing around in bed. You are a true multi-tasker, Patsy! :)

Hopefully it will pass soon...
I hear that a kidney stone is the most painful thing ever...would you agree?

Jill said...

Chloe's bun and photo are great!

I'm so sorry you've got another kidney stone, what a nightmare!

Megan, Tony and Charlie look so cute in their Nativity garb.

Hang tough Patsy, hopefully the stone will pass quickly and soon!

Karrie said...

I'm glad about the wrapping getting done...but I hope your stone passes soon so you can feel better. so sorry!!!