Sunday, December 13, 2009

stoned

after a good week & great friday night.... (we were lucky to get tickets to the Tabernacle Choir- Natalie Cole & David McCulough concert)

I spent Saturday morning & afternoon in the emergency room.
Now I am home trying to pass a kidney stone- damn.
Brett & I left the ward Christmas breakfast early, then sat in the ER - the exact same room I was in 10 years & three months ago. It looked just as I remember. This time we didn't have a 3 week old baby trent with us.
This will be my SIXTH stone.
The previous five were pregnancy induced so I was hoping to never have one again....
if it makes you feel any better- this has been the easiest stone experience I have had SO FAR. That is saying a lot- since I wanted to scream and die with my others. Of course, by saying that I have jinxed myself-
damn again.

Stone or not- this is going to be the best Christmas ever at my house. Morphine induced I lay on the bed thinking of my sweet little family all being together for Christmas. I've thought about it all year & it was my only Christmas wish. I am so glad this stone has chosen to come now & not in 12 days- YES it's 12 days until Christmas! I have so much to do & a headache & a kidney stone.

*missionary jack update:
our bishop checked & jack's mission papers were processed on Friday! YOu know what that means? He should get his call this week- wednesday & thursdays are the days we usually get them, here in my town. WE are all SO EXCITED TO FIND OUT WHERE HE WILL BE SERVING! if you have not made you guess --- go down a few posts & put in a guess! there will be a winner - hopefully this week!!!

13 comments:

Brit said...

Patsy, I'm so sorry you have another stone. I can't imagine the pain! But I am so excited that Jack is getting his mission call this week (probably)! Please call me if you do an extended family opening, I'd be there for sure! Good luck with everything else. I hope you feel better soon! Love you!

Gail said...

Bummer about the stone. However, I agree that it is actually a blessing to have sickness now and know that you will be well for Christmas. Hope you feel well soon.

She Loves To Make said...

Ugh, I am so sorry about this! I know you were thinking these were long gone. I wish I could be there to help out.

Kristy said...

Kidney stones really STINK!!!!

No luck passing it yet???? I was really hoping it would have passed last night or this morning.

How exciting for Jack...can't wait to hear where he will be going.

Jill said...

Oh dear, what is up with another kidney stone?? How painful and frustrating, but you're so right to be thankful that it's coming now and not while your whole family will be together. Is Wende coming around to take some pictures of the whole group?

crystal said...

Hahahaha--The words "best Christmas ever" and "morphine" in the same sentence says it all! I know that's not quite what you meant, but still. Funny.

I am SO VERY SORRY about your kidney stone. I have never had one but I understand they are agonizing. Poor Patsy :( I'm sure sometime I will be getting one, with all the Diet Coke I drink.

Oh boy, am i ever jealous that you got to go that Christmas Choir Concert!!!! I wanted to see David McCullough SO BADLY. Tell me all about it! (serious.)

crystal said...

Oh, and my guess for Jack is Chile. That's just what popped in my head.

Exciting!!!!

wende said...

sorry about the stone - i am laughing out loud though over the label "kidney stones are of the devil". so funny. i can't wait to see megan and baby! how long are they going to be here? i can't remember.

can't wait to find out where jack is going - i already guessed, it was chile. i've got a good vibe about that.

Johnna said...

I am so sorry sis! Hope you are feeling better today.

Love you

PaD said...

Hope you're better soon. Hugs and kisses Mom.

Karrie said...

WTH???? I hope you are better soon...LMK if you need dinner.

shannon said...

What?!! You've got a kidney stone?! And this isn't even your FIRST one??? Oh, my friend...I'm so sorry....

I have been completely without a computer for 3 1/2 weeks now and I have been dying....we had to buy a whole new computer as ours went on the blink...

I've been so anxious to see how things were faring in the Messer house only to find that you have a kidney stone...that's even worse than getting coal in your stocking!

I hope you feel better soon...

michelle said...

Oh no no no!!! I had one when I was pregnant with Eva and I wanted to die. The thought of you being on your sixth one is just too much to take...

I hope it passes quickly and that you aren't going crazy not being able to do any Christmas preparations! Hopefully you're all ready?

Feel better soon, Patsy!