Sunday, December 20, 2009

catching up....

Just like everyone else...
I've been really busy these last couple of days.
I feel like I am running mad, then when I want to blog someone else is on the computer!thursday the blogger moms had our annual Christmas luncheon & I made this-


OH MY GOSH- heaven on a piece of bread is all I can say. My husband hates olives & i've been dying to make this for a year or more. This was the perfect opportunity. I do have to say that the olive cheese topping was over the top & a little too much for even me. Next time I make it
and I will make it again
-- oh yes--
I will use two loaves of bread or half the topping recipe, but it was fabulous!

I just cannot resist posting a picture of these gifts!
It's better than Christmas morning.
I love the blogger moms....

Thursday night we had company & went to the H.S. Christmas Choir concert. Hailey sang a solo- beautiful. We came home to marcus, brittany & brittany who stayed up & talked mission & Brazil talk with the kids, I went to bed. marcus served his mission in Recife, Brazil just north of where jack is going. They had so much fun talking & jokin around in Portuguese. Marcus can't wait for jack to come home so they can talk it up.

Friday morning all hell broke loose as I had my pre- Christmas melt down.
ya- it was ugly & ya- I pretty much do this every year.
It stinks to be my kids, well this year- my boys.
I woke up & jack's college stuff was everywhere- dishes & cups all over the counters- and I snapped. I had cleaned everything before I went to bed, then got up 1000 times during the night to pee into a strainer, when I came downstairs in the morning it all got to me. The kidney pain, constant peeing - having a kidney stone the week before Christmas is not nice and neither am I.


I headed out the door at 8:50 for an appointment with a Urologist down town, by myself. It's been a long time since I have sat in a doctor's office for 40 minutes waiting... I guess I shouldn't complain... but I am anyway...
When I finally gave my sample & headed to the exam room a nightmare awaited. the walls of the exam room must have been paper thin because the lady on the right was having lithrotripcy on Tuesday & the gentleman on the left was having trouble urinating but the catheter they took in & out was working just fine. Holy Hell. I was humming & tapping my feet because I was getting nauseous listening to this.

The doctor gave me three choices. I could #1 wait for the stone to come out & be uncomfortable, which could result in a passed stone or emergency removal. #2 I could have surgery & remove it through my uriter that afternoon or #3 Tuesday afternoon. I asked him to leave the room & started to sob. I had two Christmas events this weekend, plus church the Sunday before Christmas- I didn't want to miss it... and Tuesday Megan, Tony & Charlie get here. He came back in & I asked him if I could go in Monday.
Monday it is.


Saturday night (after finishing up our shopping) Brett & I went to our third concert at the symphony. It was the Holiday Pops concert.



this guy deserves a medal, being married to me... it's been a rough week.

the concert was nice, but definitely not my favorite of the series.

EXCEpT- they did play Sleigh Ride- one of my favorite Christmas songs. I love the percussion & dream of being the percussionist who gets to slap the boards together! How fun to watch that!! Brett bought me a small pair of binoculars after our last concert so my eyes were peeled & I was smiling big. Brett was sleeping. At one point he feel asleep so hard that he dropped his program & it hit the wood floor with a loud thud. oops. Like I said, it wasn't our favorite of the series but I really enjoyed it.

this morning this guy came downstairs and asked me "which jacket should I wear to church today?" one is his dad's - the other fit him in kindergarten, maybe? Well, I said... maybe a shirt & tie will do? Trent has NEVEr wanted to wear church clothes- it's been an issue with him for years. I figure what the heck, he's going to church- so I don't push it too hard. He wears dress pants maybe a sweater & dress shoes, but never a shirt & tie- heaven forbid a suit. Maybe all this missionary talk has changed his mind?

Good news tonight-
I haven't had had to go potty 1000 times a day today & NO pain! I'm thinking about canceling tomorrow... ya - I'm canceling :)
p.s. some of the photos in this post were taken by Chloe & I love them so here they are!
*are you glad you read this post, or was it just plain too much information?

11 comments:

Gail said...

Wow, sorry about the kidney stone! I hope it is really gone. Have a great Christmas with all of your kids at home.

Janae said...

I love Trent's Sunday clothes options:)
so excited and hoping the stone will pass on it's own!
another great Thursday...i loved that bread!

Beth said...

Always fun to see what you do with the blogger Mom's! Looks like fun!

I love that the Brazil cousins had that time... I wish Jacob were closer!

Trent, oh Trent... too funny, I have heard for years about Sunday clothes, so this was a hoot. Jacob wasn't sure he wanted to go on a mission for a very long time... all the missionary hub bub got him, and now I don't think there is any stoppping him. So it is a good thing for Trent to have around him. Even if it is only to get him in a tie... so funny!

The Stone... how are you even functioning? I hope it is all clear and you don't have to deal with that today.

My brother took us to the Greenville Symphony Friday night, I can't wait to blog about it... I totally got the slap stick thing, they did it here too. So I get the bells representing sleigh bells and the clip clop sound for the horses feet...but what is the whack? Did the horse fall??? I liked it, but was so confused, I have no idea what that represents!!!

Love you, miss you!!! I can't wait to catch up with you after the holidays!!! HUGS, and HAVE A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS with all your family together!!!!!

shannon said...

I wish I could have superimposed myself into your blogger moms party...it looked like so much fun...the pictures of the food have my stomach a'growlin!

Hot dog for no kidney stone pain! Could it be that there might not be anymore romancing the stone? Oh! I do hope that is the case...

I'm waiting for the day when Jake requests to wear a suit...sigh...

There's no such thing as TMI in my book.... :)

wende said...

too much information? what is that even? this is REAL life baby - blog about whatever you want, it's all good. - or at least worth documenting. i'll tell you what, i'm going to be talking quietly next time i'm in the doctor's office. how HORRIBLE to think that that people in the office next to you know what's going on?! wow.

i love trent's sunday clothes. spencer has never been a sunday clothes kind of kid, and one day, he just wanted them. it happens eventually. :)

the cheese bread...oh it was heavenly. and the blogger gifts? well, they're better than anything my family is going to give me.

crystal said...

"Friday morning all hell broke loose as I had my pre- Christmas melt down."

You only have ONE??? (sheepish smile)

crystal said...

Seriously. I've had like 20.

crystal said...

TWENTY.

crystal said...

I laughed SO HARD, picturing that program hitting the floor with a THUD and Brett snoozing.

Love that!

So...did you cancel? Or are you post-op?

And. No such thing as TMI with me. Bring it.

Jill said...

Trent's suit jacket choices are hysterical!

I'm so sorry you had to experience your preChristmas melt down, hopefully you got it out of your system and will be in good form for the real thing. Messes in the house grump me out like nothing else!

michelle said...

I know just what you mean about the blogger mom's gift exchange, that's how I feel about our book club Christmas exchange, it's so fun that that alone would be enough Christmas for me!

I laughed out loud when I saw the picture of Trent with his jacket options! Lucas is SO that way about church clothes. He wears khakis and a white shirt every week. No belt. Certainly not a tie. It's going to be interesting when he turns 12...