Saturday, December 5, 2009

day after

The fact is
I am much more comfortable at home doing laundry with two dogs crowding me than going to company dinner parties. Even though.... these two dogs drive me crazy- crazy! they smell- bad- a lot & fight like cats & dogs in cartoons. One big ball of fighting dust.
Last night's dinner party was delightful- a couple of firsts made it better than expected. 1. no banquet room 2. no standing up & introducing myself or having to say something interesting about my spouse... 3. no power point presentation (zzzzz) 4. no coming up in front of everyone 5. no games 6. no upper management person asking me if other person in the office reminds me of Toby from "The Office"- what do you say to that? Oh ya- and I didn't have a hole in my skirt on the way out the door... feeewww.
So it was fun-
We went to the Melting Pot & sat with three other couples & dipped loads of food in yummy sauces & it took over 2 hours. We didn't talk about work, which would've been fine with me, but instead had great conversation & I showed pictures of Charlie & ya- that was fun.

It's really cold here - below freezing for a couple of days with no relief in sight- it's snowing & beautiful. The gold finches have found our new sock feeders. Cute little snow capped chickadees & junkos narrowly escaped three big black crows that came into the yard. Maybe you didn't know I love my backyard birds- love em'!

We are getting out the Christmas decorations & making cupcakes...
and it's nice.

10 comments:

She Loves To Make said...

I'm glad the company dinner went so well! I'm jealous you got to eat at the Melting Pot! I've always wanted to go there.
I love the finches! How fun to watch them from the window!

Kristy said...

Sounds like you had a much better day!! I am glad the company party was fun!

Linda said...

So glad the company party went so well. See, you dreaded it for nothing!

I love watching the backyard birds too and I've always got some contraption out there for them. The older I get, the more I love nature and appreciate all creations, big and small.

crystal said...

I love to stay home and feeling cozy and baking!

I think i will stop by your house after Christmas, on my way road-tripping to Boise, and grab some cupcakes.

Because surely there must be some waiting just for me?

michelle said...

All of those reasons definitely made the company party more bearable! I usually hate those work events, but eating at the Melting Pot and not having to play any games would surely ease the pain.

But most of all, I love staying home, cozy and baking and watching the snow from inside...

wende said...

the melting pot is a GREAT idea! so glad you had fun this year and ended up with all of your clothing in tact! :)

and i too, love the birds in your back yard. every time i visit your house, i vow to myself to put up more feeders.

Karrie said...

I think those two puppy faces are soo cute! I'm glad the party was good..I've never been to the Melting Pot.

Beth said...

I have happy feet that the company party went better this year.

I will miss Jim's again... that is the key, go out of town that week. he he he

I love the sock feeders, did you make them? Nice way to use one of the boys old socks, but pretty sure it would rid my yard of any birds at my house.

Hugs,

Gail said...

I hate company parties too, but that one sounds not too bad. Kurt's current company does not have a Christmas party and I am glad.

Holly said...

Glad the party went better than you expected! And you actually had normal people to chat with, so that's a plus. :)

We have a Melting Pot here but we've never been (we suck).

Hey, did you make those sock feeders? That's a nifty idea. Your birds certainly seem to like them.