Wednesday, December 9, 2009

loaded with SNOW

Yesterday we got totally dumped on with snow!
Look at this-- six to eight inches- really!
Jack came home for one last doctor's appointment & to get some laundry done.
Lots of studying going on in his life- with finals next week.

Brian is studying too- he is taking the college placement test for math & english tomorrow. It's amazing how much math & english you forget when you've been a missionary in a different country speaking spanish for two years! good new though, he can test out of Spanish & get 26 credits, therefore making him nearly a sophomore right away! He is considering majoring in international business with a Spanish minor. I love having a Spanish speaker in the house. He answers all solicitors phone calls- so funny- and confuses his grandmother who usually thinks she has the wrong number & calls back....

This morning trent bundled up for the two block walk to school. It was a balmy 7 degrees on the front porch, but it stopped snowing. More snow is coming this weekend. It is BEAutiful & so festive.



It surprises me how much I love this snow!

9 comments:

She Loves To Make said...

I can't believe all that snow! I'm kinda excited to see it because it doesn't feel like Christmas time here!
Those photos of Jack and Trent are darling.

Unknown said...

it's a balmy 70 here today. bleh...

Jill said...

It's good to see there's a kid out there who will actually dress for the weather. Both of my kids have been wearing hoodies in this freezing weather! Granted, I've been driving them to school but still.

Beth said...

I love the snow!! It was a balmy minus 6 here yesterday. It is so cold, we deserve more snow for enduring those temps. don't you think? Send it this way!!! Hurry!!!

Karrie said...

I hope Jack feels loved...Trent is always so excited to see him.

I love the snow too, but just want it not to snow on Sat. because I'm going up with the Ski School.

wende said...

i love how happy trent is to see jack all the time - especially since trent is a little "hershey's miniature" of jack.

and i really love the snow, i am just suffering in the ridiculously low temperatures lately. snow i'm great with, freezing my tail off, not so much.

michelle said...

Love the pictures of Jack and Trent.

The snow and cold were a rude awakening when we got home! SO cold. But I do find it to be very festive and conducive to feeling Christmasy. Now if only my family could get over the stomach flu...

Kari Sweeten said...

Holy Cow!! We didn't get near that much snow here!

crystal said...

1. I am jealous of your 8 inches! We only got 3 measly inches--I'm hoping for tons more this weekend!

2. I could use some pointers on how to get a Utah kid into BYU. Begin.

3. I love the tidbit about how Brian confuses his grandmothers who calls back. HAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!