Sunday, December 5, 2010

just a great thursday!

You won't believe it...
but last week-
I actually didn't have to work on Thursday!
So- I invited my Creative Thursday friends over for lunch & creativity at my house.
I was so so excited to have everyone over.
For lunch I made Butternut squash soup & popovers.
I am all about popovers these days!
Kristy heard me say I wanted a popover pan at least a year ago & bought me one. My first week of work a lady came into the store looking for a popover pan ... we talked all about them. I told her how I had a pan, but was so intimidated by the recipes I'd seen. She assured me it was easy & not to worry. I went home that night & made a HuGE batch.
I've been making them ever since!
Lauri brought cokes & Wende brought treats to snack on.
Kristy brought some work- but the rest of us chatted away without any productivity! It was okay... we haven't had a Thursday together for way to long.
Kristal came & even Karrie showed up during her lunch hour.
Gosh- it was so great to all be together again.
Best of all- Janae brought the. most. delish. coconut cream pie!
It was heavenly.
While they were here I let Brett announce the BIG JOB news!
It was fabulous to celebrate!
I really love these guys & consider our friendship a great blessing in my life.
Guess what?
I don't work on Thursday this week either!!!
SweeeeT!

5 comments:

PaD said...

Those popovers look marvelous.

Jill said...

How awesome to have a couple Thursdays off to get together with the girls! I would LOVE to have Fridays off so Michelle and I could continue Creative Fridays!

I'm intimidated by popovers too!

Beth said...

Fun, great friends, diet coke... smile!

wende said...

so excited to get all us AND our hubbies together this weekend!

this day was so great, it was fun to all be present. and the soup and popovers were heaven. and that pie, oh my, the pie! the best pie i think i've ever had. yum.

thanks for being the best hostess! i love your warm and inviting home. (which is probably why i stay too long when i visit). :)

michelle said...

Ooh, I love popovers!!