Friday, December 3, 2010

A big Announcement for my 1,000th post!

(a picture of my house this morning)

Yesterday-
BRETT GOT A JOB
He has been working on landing this job for at least a month now...
(oh the misery of learning patience)

He officially signed the offer papers & this morning... he even has a business call.
Yes- we have been blessed & YES- we have learned many lessons
- me particularly-
that I don't want to forget so I don't have to learn them ... again.
IT's only been 3 months- (wow we truly are blessed thank you for your prayers)
but it feels like so much longer.
Things I have learned:
1. sometimes life is not fair so pull up your big girl panties & move on
2. a good lawyer is vital
3. I can cook really well- this is a gift that I am grateful for.
4. I can be positive & positive energy brings positive happenings
5. my family can be strong & we stick together
6. depression sucks- but doesn't have to suck the life out of ya
7. Heavenly Father watches out for us & answers prayers in mysterious ways
8. We need to be better prepared for a "rainy" day. Even though Brett was "top" in his division in sales- that didn't guarantee he would have a job.
9. Things are not important- people are important (I already knew that... just sayin')
10. When the goin' gets tough we should look out for each other. All the people out there who have prayed for us, left sweet comments, brought treats, been kind & positive- thank you- It meant the world & still does.

For my 1,000 post-
I want to say
thank you
Thank you for reading- for your encouraging emails & comments.
Thank you for caring about my family & me.
Thank you for saying hi- telling me you're a reader - and encouraging me to write. I love writing.
Thank you for caring about my kids & Brett. They mean the world to me, but then you know that.
I'm working on being "more real & more honest" with this blog... it's a hard change. I'm a people pleaser & not always true to my real feelings. I look at life through rose colored glasses- that works for me- so mostly by not being honest, I'm trying to be positive.
I know this job will not mean all is well & I can just lay down & quit...
but it sure feels good!
love~
patsy

17 comments:

She Loves To Make said...

yay!!!! We are so thrilled for the whole family.

Brittany Gilson said...

That is wonderful news Patsy! We love you guys! :)

she'sonlyhappyinthesun said...

Yay! I am so happy for you guys! Love you -

Marie said...

Wonderful news!!

Gail said...

We are so happy for you!!!

Johnna said...

So very happy for you all!

Brit said...

I am so excited and happy for you all!

PaD said...

God is good. Life is good. Not always easy but good.

We're very happy for your good news. Love you all. M&D

John and Misty said...

Yeah! Congrats! What a blessing and a relief it must be! You have been a great example through it all!

Jill said...

Woohoo, this is amazing news!!! What a HUGE blessing for your family! I know so well what it feels like to be on both sides of this situation so I am ecstatic for you!!

The lessons learned are great, and I'm sure they'll become part of you.

Hooray for more honest blogging!

kim said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am so very happy for Brett and you and your family! May you have a wonderful and Blessed Holiday Season!!! love ya!

Holly said...

I picked the perfect evening to pop in and visit and hear your WONDERFUL news. Congrats to Brett and your whole family. What a blessing!!

Sorry you had to learn (review?) some hard lessons recently, but I'm sure in the long run it'll be for the best and has likely made you stronger (and I consider you quite strong to start with).

jakenapril said...

how perfectly fitting...and in the nick of time too, for your BIG post. congrats to brett...and the whole fam. and thanks for the list. i needed that.

Beth said...

What a wonderful blessing for you guys and for his company to have him, Brett is amazing!! Great list too! We love you!!

wende said...

1,000 posts?! wow! we started at the same time and i'm a little more than half of that number. YOU ROCK! and so does your awesome husband! so glad you guys are good.

Murdlem said...

How wonderful, I am so glad! We have been thinking about you often and Brett's Job hunt. YIPPEE!

michelle said...

This is a beautiful post, Patsy. So happy for you guys! I love your list of lessons learned. And I love that you had something so momentous to share on your 1000th post! Woohoo!