Thursday, December 16, 2010

catching up

Last week so many fun things happened- but I was super busy...
For instance-
At dinner one night- Brett set Trent's place setting (as a joke) a huge serving bowl & serving spoon. Brett's a big tease + Trent has aspergers = sometimes a disaster, sometimes crazy funny?
For a while Trent wanted to eat all meals with serving utensils... not funny to mom.
Last Wednesday night- we celebrated with the "special plate" for dad.
It was the first day of his new job!
guess what?
It Went Great!!
ah- employment - what a blessing!

Friday night was our annual Christmas dinner at Janae's house.
I took Michelle's Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake.
It was divine... hands down- THE BEST CHOCOLATE CAKE EVER.
Wow... I wish I had a piece right now.

Yesterday we had a -day early creative day- since Lauri has to work today & she was hosting. We got 3-4 inches of snow & I took a picture on my way to her house. It was so beautiful.

The day before last-
Chloe & Trent put together this Gingerbread house.

Okay- it was mostly Chloe.
Didn't she do an excellent job!?
I Love it.
Hailey recently wrote a new song titled- Mondays.
She will be recording a CD after Christmas & she has decided to make this the title song. It's fantastic!!! Definitely everyone who hears declares it -- Their Favorite!
If she posts it on You Tube- I'll let cha know.
Now that Brett is back to work- He is back to his sleeping ways.
Anyone who has ever visited us knows- the poor guy- gets really tired at night.
He is definitely a morning person, getting up by at least 5:30 everyday (even on vacation?) So- back to work= no afternoon naps= back to falling asleep in his clothes where ever he drops. Just try to get him to put pj's on. YOU JUST TRY IT! (I'm rolling my eyes here) We've been married over 24 years, I gave up years ago.

I am happy to report he is loving his new job, happy to be back to work & happy to be tired.
Yes- it's been a great week.

6 comments:

She Loves To Make said...

That cake looks incredible! If I have something going on where I need a big cake, I am for sure trying it.
I can't wait for Hailey to make a CD!

Brit said...

So many good things! I am so happy!

Gail said...

I might need to purchase a copy of Hailey's cd. I play music in my classroom while the student make art.

wende said...

love the new monday song.
i wish i could fall asleep sitting up at the table. i wish i could fall asleep period.
i love the photo of jack on the crazy train track. it looks like a ride at disneyland! :)
best chocolate cake EVER. seriously. i'm requesting one right now for my birthday...in ten months. that should give you plenty of time to prepare. :)

michelle said...

Hooray! Brett has a new job!! Wonderful!

I'm so excited that Hailey is going to be recording a cd! Way to encourage her, she NEEDS to make a cd.

I'm so glad you loved the cake. Personally, I think the giant ding dong one is EVEN better, have you tried that?

Jill said...

The big bowl and spoon is so funny!

I'm so glad Brett has a new job!!!!!

You are brave to make that chocolate-peanut butter cake!

The picture on the way to Lauri's house is gorgeous!

Chloe has got mad gingerbread house skills!

I want to hear Hailey's new song!