Wednesday, December 1, 2010

introducing....

Laura
Laura is Brian's girlfriend.
Yep- it's official- our Brian is growing up & has a girlfriend!!
woo hooo!
Brian & Laura met in Jr. High.
Liked each other then...
were good friends through High School...
and good friends when he got home last year from Chile.
Now-
they are a couple!
Just last summer I asked them both-
Why aren't you guys dating?
Every time Brian came home he would take her to lunch or go visit her. All the sudden it dawned on me one day when she was here --- why are they not dating?
After asking- they both said- everyone asks us that!
Well- I got permission to announce it here that-
they are.
AND
I got permission to put up these two silly photos.
Trent is especially jealous.
After she watched Home Alone with us Thanksgiving night- (a serious tradition here) he confided in me- "I wish Laura was my girlfriend." I said- ya she's pretty cool...
but what would you do with a girl friend?
Trent: play ping pong & stuff.
Ya- Girl friends are good for that

10 comments:

PaD said...

Thats great....

Beth said...

Nice to meet Laura on your blog... cute, fun pictures!! Dating is so fun!! We love Brian!!! Hugs, hugs, hugs!!!

Jill said...

These are cute photos, I'm glad they're giving the dating thing a whirl.

Kristy said...

Very cute!!!! I guess the skinny jeans must have done the trick! :)

kim said...

How totally cool is this??? Brian did a great job picking his "girl"! I can tell that you are all very happy!

Holly said...

What a cute couple! That's fun and happy news (the BEST kind).

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

What great news...a girlfriend, a new job, popovers, missionary pictures. And Trent's comment about wanting a ping-pong girlfriend is very funny.

Congrats on everything Patsy.

wende said...

i love that trent wants a girlfriend too. what a blessing it is for him to be the LAST one of six. your older kids are all such good examples.

but does laura know that spencer AND rich beat brian at ping-pong? she might change her mind if she knew. :)

The Club President said...

It was definitely the skinny jeans Kristy... I highly recommend them to any single guys looking to get a GF :)

michelle said...

I love that Trent wants her for his own. And that you had a hand in pushing them over the edge!