Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas in pictures

this year, luckily...
we had some money set aside for Christmas before the whole job lay off.
Of course- we were not sure what was ahead of us,
so I was nervous about spending it all or even any of it.
Then- I got my little job.
That made all the difference in my attitude.
I knew the money from that would be enough to cover a chunk- or most of it.
Then of course- Brett was offered his present job & can I just say-
wow
we are truly blessed.
Not only did we have our money set aside-
plus my little income- but a job & future income!
NOw-- we didn't go all craZY & buy out the mall or anything-
I'm just saying- mentally it was a huge relief.

(the kids drew names & this is what trent got from hailey)

(brian had hailey & got her a techno jacket)

(trent had chloe & got her a soft blanket & socks)


The best part of my Christmas was...
I snuck into our Amazon account & ordered Brett a Kindle.
He has always wanted one, but wouldn't spend the money on himself.
It was so fun for me to have a BIG surprise for him.



Ah Christmas!
It's such a fun day.
We were thrilled to see video from Charlie's Christmas morning on Megan's blog.
Then of course we got to talk to jack.
It just doesn't get better than this.

5 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Ahhh, Patsy, I'm glad it turned out even better than hoped.

Now Kindle. THAT is a fun surprise.

She Loves To Make said...

Love the pictures. I'm so glad you got dad a kindle! I wish I could have seen him open it.

Karolynn said...

Looks like a great day! I love how your kids draw names. I am totally having my kids do that next year!

michelle said...

I love that you surprised Brett with a Kindle! Great shot of his reaction, too. It's so fun to pull off a good surprise.

Maybe I should have my kids draw names - then they could give each other a better gift?

Totally loving the quilt peeking out behind Brett. I want to make one like that. (love your wrapping paper, too!)

Kim Sue said...

with only one kiddo and only having one sister myself, I never really thought about the craziness of siblings giving gifts