Tuesday, April 28, 2009

he just doesn't get it

While Megan went to lunch with an old friend -
I picked up this guy & headed to the scout office, yep tonight was pack meeting...
We drove past the Olympic torch- love that- just had to take another photo

We made it to the office & I picked up some sweet stuff-
I volunteered to pick up everything since I needed to get something extra special.

See that white box?

Inside is Jack's Eagle.
Yep- Jack's Eagle-
Everything is in & it's all done!!
Very exciting
We are not planning on having his Eagle court of honor until summer. His good buddy Seth should have his by then & we will celebrate together. So more on that later.
Secretly... shh-
{outside the Tulie Bakery}
I had other motives to go to the scout office.
Remember last month when I discovered the bakery on the way home?
Oh the joy- I had a real reason to go back, heck I was driving by!
I was so excited to take BRett.
I kept telling him- this is going to be life changing- LIFE CHANGING
YOU won't BelieVE HOw GooD It is!!
Just look at this fruit tart
- STUNNING-

We got the chocolate mousse & a sugar cookie to share. We headed down the street, me driving because he was still on the phone with business-and I took a little bite of the cookie.
I. HAD. TO. PULL. OVER.
then- before it was gone- I had to take a photo!
It was the best sugar cookie I have ever had.
I paused & explained to Brett how the chocolate mousse has ity bity shards of Scharffen Berger chocolate in it that melt on your tongue-- so eat it slow & take it all in. With a dumbfounded look in his eye he asked if,
"I was missing little shards of something?"
He took a bite of the cookie- agreed it was the best sugar cookie ever- but ya so what?
the chocolate mousse...? ya -pretty good. Pretty good??
Later in the day I commented on his lack of enthusiasm- he apologized & promises next time to scream & immediately wet himself when we go to a bakery.
He Better

11 comments:

Kristy said...

I really need to check out this bakery especially if they had they the best sugar cookies ever!!! I LOVE sugar cookies!

Hooray for Jack!!! What an accomplishment!

Anonymous said...

I love sugar cookies!! Congrats and shhh on the Eagle scout. that's awesome!

Holly said...

I can't believe he missed the essence of the sugar cookie--but good for you for explaining all the goodness. It definitely looked yummy!

Jill said...

I think I'd be volunteering to go to the Scout office all the time if it meant stopping by that bakery!

Joy said...

Hi Patsy,
That bakery sounds like a yummy reason to go to the scout office.
How cute are you to offer to bring me a plate of cookies! You may be surprised to know that you already met me. It was up at last year's girls camp. I'm not that memorable, but I'm so happy that you enjoy reading my blog.
I hope you had a nice get-away at Womens Conference.

Gail said...

Thanks for the laugh.

I think I need the address for that bakery. I may need to paint that fruit tart, it is beautiful.

shannon said...

Wow!--what an accomplishment for you er...I mean Jack to get his Eagle! (my mom always said they should give out two Eagles...one for the guy and one for the mother)

Mousse with shards??? Be still my heart!!! :)

My husband is sooooo lacking in the enthusiasm department!--Whenever I'm on the phone and am excitedly gushing over something that someone says, he always pipes in in the background, "What!? they're having chicken for dinner?"

wende said...

best sugar cookie you've ever had? what the? take me with you next time - i will clear my schedule i promise.

i so understand the lack of enthusiasm when it comes to husbands. rich is bone dry. just the way he rolls, he wouldn't have been excited about shards either. i say, next time, don't give him any. not until he can learn to be excited about it anyway.

and by the way, why on earth were you SHARING a sugar cookie?

Anonymous said...

Uh, that sugar cookie was mine and I was sharing it! And, it WAS so oh-my-gosh wonderful!! The mousse - I'm just not into dark chocolate and it was "sharded" with dark chocolate.
From,
The You-Just-Don't-Get-It Husband

Karrie said...

I'm in for the sugar cookie next time...what about bringing some back with you to share hmmm?

Janae said...

yay for the EAgle, but, that bakery! oh my, we need to go asap...i would love shards of chocolate, anytime:)