Sunday, April 26, 2009

just a great saturday

It's a beautiful spring here finally!
This is the view from my driveway into my next door neighbor's yard.
Gorgeous!
I went to get the mail & just had to go back in to get my camera.
I wish you could see the majesty of the mountains in the background.
Because of my love of Rhododendrons...
I planted two in my yard, right after we first moved in. They don't bloom at the same time & I know they will never be as beautiful as in the Northwest. But I love them just the same & it is a thrill for me when the do bloom.

SAD, sad news.
Trent finally found the carefully hidden Guitar Hero aka: Guitar hell.
Bummer. I hate this game. He ran upstairs exclaiming, "you won't believe what was way, way behind the games in the game cabinet?!!"
I think it's okay for older kids, but come on- nine year olds should not be playing to- rock me like a hurricane.... somehow it is going to be "lost" again soon.


I finally got around to washing these & put them on my bed!
700 count sheets I bought just outside of Battery Park in NY for $20- score.
Some guy was selling loads of them, I decided I could carry one set around for the day in my bag- it was worth it. They are luxurious.
I did ten tons of laundry & ironed almost everything in my ironing box, all while listening to Chloe's IPOD- the WICKED soundtrack. When the first song came on I got goosebumps. Oh how I love that we went to see that! Do you ever feel like this? After a big, exhausting, vacation you did something right- it was all worth it- just for the memories?

I'm having a hard time getting rid of or even recycling my crate & barrel bags...

The armed forces are in full force sending Jack info about joining up...
hmmmmm- I would be the proud mom of a soldier- on one condition.... he waits to make any big decisions like this until after his mission.

Bronco had an accident- again.

holy. moly. somebody. help. me.
-that is all I am going to say about that-

Finally the time came to go pick up Megan at the airport!!

Hooray!
she made it & we are all hovering around her like she is a superstar.
She is of course better than a superstar around here.

We made it to Cafe Rio - YUM.
It was just as good as she remembered.

Jack is very cool here-I love this photo.

Do you ever miss someone, then when they come back it instantly feels like they never left?
love that

10 comments:

Kim Sue said...

your neighborhood is goregeous...all springy!

sorry about the puppy problems but I know you are enjoying everything else...have fun!!

Kristy said...

I am so glad Megan made it!!! Looks like you guys are having a ton of fun.

Great picture of Jack looking cool!

Sorry about the dog! Jake is now trying to save money to buy a dog....lucky me! Luckily he can't save money.

Have fun with Megan this week!

wende said...

sorry you're in guitar hell. you can hide the guitar at my house if you want.

i have a hard time getting rid of my shopping bags too - why is this? for me, it's some kind of sickness.

i love that photo of jack. too bad he's not sitting in front of the tv though, that would be his dream photo.

so glad megan got her cafe rio fix! you might have to eat it more than once this week. she looks so great! :)

wende said...

oh one more thing. i dropped hailey off the other day from play practiced and those gorgeous trees took my breath away!

shannon said...

700 count sheets?!--holy extravagent sleeping!! :) That was quite a bargain you scored!!

Springtime in your neighborhood looks spectacular!--What a gift after all of the snow stuggles you've been having-right?

So glad that Megan finally made it...She's a cute girl...you guys look so much alike...

I can't believe you ironed almost everything in your "to be ironed" pile...I usually enjoy ironing, but the stack has gotten a little overwhelming!--Maybe the secret is to have Wicked playing...(that would mean that every waking minute would be devoted to listening to that soundtrack!)--I have every song memorized!!--I've even used my hairbrush from time to time to pretend I'm singing on stage...(much to my kids' delight--one day it will be to their horror that I'm doing that, but it's nice that they think it's funny now)

I totally save favorite store shopping bags...Kate's Paperie was one that I always seemed to never be able to throw away...

Jill said...

The spring photo is gorgeous! I have been loving this spring so much. I probably always do, but our long, lingering winter really made spring a rock-star guest this year.

Oh Guitar Hero, our guitar broke so now it never gets played. I think it's obnoxious too, but it was too pricey to just be sitting unused.

I've never had 700 thread count sheets, but they sound dreamy.

Maybe you should save the Crate and Barrel bags.

I'm not keen on pee or poop of any kinds, but especially not animal accidents. You're nicer than I am!

Hooray for Megan being home! It's so cute that you're all hovering around her.

michelle said...

What? Rhododendrons can grow in UTah?? I love them but thought they were a no-go here.

I WANT sheets like that! I'm on the hunt.

Karrie said...

So I love the sheets, and trees and that Megan is here to visit...how fun!! So sorry about Bronco...he looks so sad in his kennel...I think he's sorry.

Karolynn said...

Meghan is a doll! She looked so beautiful yesterday! Great deal on the sheets! We get those things in the mail for Whitney too and I put them straight in the garbage :) I don't think Whitney could handle the military. Beautiful spring photo! Cville is so gorgeous!

Janae said...

What a great Saturday you guys had! I love the picture at the end with the three sisters:) and, of course the Jack cool photo too;)
The trees look amazing. Speaking of shopping bags I just threw out my favorite shopping bag from when i went to Paris in college. It only took me 16 years;)