Saturday, April 4, 2009

conference saturday

Two weekends a year my church has it's general conference.
It's a wonderful time for our family to listen & learn.
We stay home & cozy & love it.
Even though it snowed... again... I got up, got in the shower, dressed & made waffles. Nothing is going to spoil my favorite weekend. (It continued to snow all morning, but now it has stopped & it is all melted!!)
Brett & the kids worked on a puzzle plus,My niece Brittany sent me these conference packets for Chloe & Trent via email.
They love them. Yesterday I put together these Conference Cookie packs for the ladies I visit teach. I decided to do something a little different than the conference kits, just to mix it up a little.
Who doesn't love warm out of the oven chocolate chip cookies?!

I've been working on Chloe's twin quilts. They are more than half way done & I seriously love them already. I really think this is going to be the cutest quilt I have ever made by a long shot. I guess I really haven't made that many.... so that's not a hard one to beat.

I learned how HERE- oh how I love bloggers.

I wish I knew her address I would send her a thank you!

Seriously she has the best tutorials ever & I am going to be doing all- most of them!

Hailey- isn't she cute!? Taking notes for seminary.

Jack chillin' with my laptop.

It's been a great Saturday.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Please send me the e-mail with the conference packet! I would love to have it for my files.

What a great Saturday. We spent most of our running errands and listening to conference on the radio.

She Loves To Make said...

Oh fun! Those waffles look way good. Hailey's hair is SO CUTE! Glad you guys had a good Saturday. I love conference.

Cecilia said...

General Conference is by far my favorite weekend! I also had the General Conference Activity Packet for the kids and they loved it!

Love the idea of the Conference Cookies! Do you want to visit teach me?!?!?!lol

Beth said...

Snowing on conference weekend... so wrong!

Hailey I love your hair... so cute, you are on the ball for conference!!

Hugs to you all, we miss you, and love you!

shannon said...

I like the idea of doing a puzzle while watching--that keeps the hands from pinching your sister or picking your nose and putting it on your brother... (not that I would know about any of this!--I'm just sayin') :(

I didn't have a very successful conference weekend...so I'm desperately trying to find ways to improve for October...

I like the cookie idea for your visiting teachees, too...

By the way!--You have no idea how much you made my day on Friday...
I got your "good mail" package and was so estatic!! Thank you so much for making that for me!--I love it! Such cute material!
And the candy bar came on a night when I didn't have dessert planned so we were all able to enjoy it...

You're really a delight!--Thank you for thinking of me... :)

wende said...

i love the cookie packets - i ended up doing nothing for my ladies because i was a little burned out - i'm so bad! the cookies were perfect though, i'm definitely doing it next time.

i'm so glad you found the waffle maker! :)

great day.

Janae said...

The waffles look really yummy! I love that your ladies got your yummy cookies. I want to make them right now! The quilts are turning out beautiful. I love that you can make such a thing from fabric. That is amazing to me.

michelle said...

I love conference weekend! I think getting a big puzzle out to work on in front of the TV is brilliant -- I'll have to try that next time...

michelle said...

p.s. ditto on the conference cookies! Great idea.