Friday, April 24, 2009

april 09 = great month

This month has been so much fun for me.
First week of the month was conference weekend-
then spring break & our NY trip-
Now
tomorrow Megan is coming home for a week!!!
(megan & brian in the MTC just after he got his official mission tag)
This morning Brett & I were talking about how strange it seems that we have grown kids that come home to visit- instead of live here...
Where did the time go?
I am so happy Megan is coming home for a bit. So happy. We all are. The girls & boys around here have been counting down the days. I wish Tony could come, but he is busy working on a big project. While she is here we are.........
1. going to Cafe Rio on the way home from the airport to curb some serious pregnancy cravings
2. she is going to lunch with friends & visiting her darling SIL's
3. we are getting pedicures (that's a surprise... well not anymore)
4. going maternity clothes shopping
5. looking for baby fabrics so I can find out what kinds she likes
6. and going to...
How wonderful to go to women's conference with my daughter!
I remember thinking it was strange not to have any kids in the nursery at church.
Oh boy- now I have a married daughter, a son on a mission (only 203 days left, not that I am counting or anything...), another son about to graduate from H.S. and I'm going to be a grandmother this year-
time flies - you may as well enjoy it

11 comments:

The Sohm's said...

Can I just say I love your blog. You are the only person I have that keeps me entertained. You post frequently enough that I always have something to read. THANK YOU! As you can tell I get bored at work and need something to do:) And it is so good to hear how your family is. Tell Megan hi for me that will be so nice for you guys to see her.

She Loves To Make said...

Pedicures?! WHOO HOO! I'm bummed Tony can't come too but we are going to have so much fun! I love that picture of Brian and me. See you tomorrow!!!

Kristy said...

Lots of firsts in your family this past while.....all of them are exciting though! I am excited for you to be able to spend time with Megan...have a fun!

shannon said...

You little planner, you!--Look at that!--you've got Megan's trip home all mapped out--I'm sure you guys will have a great time...

You know, Patsy...I really do wish we knew each other outside of "blogger-land"--
I love your enthusiasm and wit...

Your children are so lucky to have you for a mom...

wende said...

um, excuse me, i don't see "visit wende" anywhere on that list! :)

just kidding, sort of, can't megan PLEASE come to blogger day? i'm excited to see her and bummed she's not coming. alright, either way you're going to have a great week with her home, i'm so excited for you.

what a GREAT year, with lots of mixed emotions i'm sure, but GREAT nonetheless. you have great kids because you are a great mom. love ya patsy girl!

Janae said...

What a fun week you guys are going to have:) I love that you are headed straight to Cafe Rio! Those cravings are so strong.
Where does the time go? I can't believe you guys have 1/2 of your kids graduated! Wow. life is full of change. Your right, we just have to enjoy it:)

Jill said...

It's crazy that life has changed so much that now you have grown kids out of the house. This is a big year for you grandma! You two will have an awesome week together, I'm excited for you. Maybe I'll see you at Women's Conference!

Gail said...

Cravings are serious businness!!! However, I am here to help. I have recipes for you that Megan can take home. That way she can have Cafe Rio anytime the craving strikes.

Women's conference will be so much fun. I am hoping to get to go next year. Actually I was hoping to get to go this year, but I will be substituting Jr. High Art instead. That will be fun too??? right??? (I am doomed)

Beth said...

Sounds a little like cloud nine to me! What a fun week!

I can't believe this is where you are in your life either! I cry (tears of joy of course) everytime I read your blog, or see pictures of the kids (geez that's allot of tears I know!). Not sure how I will make it through your upcoming graduation? But beginning to gear up for that too.

But it's all good and your exactly right... "might as well enjoy it!!!"

And I am so glad you do... your an awesome example of how to do just that! Enjoy all the blessings life has to offer!! Thanks for being such a wonderful SIL! I love you tons!!!

Kim Sue said...

wow, how blessed!

michelle said...

So great that Megan is coming home! Cafe Rio, pedicures, clothes shopping, fabric shopping, and Women's Conference! What could be better?