Sunday, April 5, 2009

early visitor

This morning was very eggsiting-
besides being conference Sunday..
We had a visitor!!
YEs... The Easter Bunny was here!


In preparation for conference we got up & made a big breakfast.
Biscuits & gravy, eggs & sausage... Nothing gets teens out of bed for conference like a good breakfast. While eating, Trent went into the office to get something & What!!?
EAster baskets full of goodies- wow.

(don't you love that early morning hair do?)
Why would the EAster Bunny come a week early?
Maybe because we are going on a much planned out, very anticipated, spring break
VAcaTION!!
(MORE ON THAT TO COME) After the first talk we got out the eggs.
I LOVe dying eggs- love it.

here's Jack's BYU blue egg.
A yearly tradition.
Even dad likes dying eggs.

Don't look too closely at all the sewing supplies out in the kitchen... still working on the quilts, but in the kitchen so that I could listen to conference. I'm thinking now- even though I have made tons of progress- I will have to finish them when we get back from our trip.


Our other traditional traditional egg the "dinosaur egg"Sunday morning session of conference turned out to be my favorite.
Actually they were all so good, but Elder Holland's talk
was over the top inspiring & amazing to me.
I am really looking forward to the conference Ensign & wish I had it in time for our long, long awaited airplane ride.
yes we are going on a BIG vacation!
I am beyond excited.
I can't sleep, I'm having my typical over planning issues!
Because WE are going - all of us to my favorite city-
(WEll not all of us we have a dog/house sitter coming)
AFter learning that we can't go pick up the missionary in Chile, (we can... but his mission president says we cannot see him until his last day- we don't want to walk around Chile not knowing any spanish- by ourselves- pick him up then leave immediately...?)We decided to cash in all of our frequent flier & hotel points & take off.
Do you know what my favorite city is?
(it's Brett's too)
It's...
NEW YORK, NEW YORK.
so soon, this week, I will be blogging the big apple!
stay
tuned

10 comments:

Johnna said...

I am so excited for you. Have a great time.....

Kari Sweeten said...

I have always wanted to go there!! Michael and I have traveled a bit, but we haven't been to New York yet. I am so jealous, you'll have to tell us all about it.

She Loves To Make said...

Decorating eggs looked like so much fun! I love the picture of Jack and Trent together. They both look so tired but happy haha. Too bad Brian wasn't there to do one of his tradition eggs, the inappropriate one. I won't say it on your blog though, if you don't know what I'm talking about, call me. Love you!

Kristy said...

I am impressed that Jack actually posed for a picture!! Looks good!

Wow....the Easter Bunny is really on top it.

I have a fun trip, I wish I could squeeze into a suitcase and come with you!

wende said...

brian usually makes an inappropriate egg? now this you must tell! :) i'm using my imagination but it's probably way worse than what brian does. :)

i hate dying eggs, why? i don't know. i just hate it. i love hard boiled eggs though, to eat them i mean, they're my favorite.

i can't wait to hear all about your trip and WICKED, oh my gosh, i'm so excitede for you.

Kim Sue said...

yippee for getting away and in NY no less....so glad you guys had all your Easter traditions a week early so you didn't miss out!

shannon said...

I would have paid money to have been at your house over the weekend!!! The Messer house was where it was AT--baby!

I love seeing your sewing stuff in the background...I like picturing where you do your magic!

You really have had your hands full with planning your big trip as well as incorporating Easter...
You ARE very detail oriented, arent you?!

Janae said...

I know you guys are out and about having an amazing time! We just drove in the car all day...ya, oh well! Have so much fun!
What an on top of it Easter Bunny you have. He gets extra points from me for being timely:)

Janae said...

Ok...I just figured out you have not left yet! Good luck:) you guys will have an awesome time:)

Holly said...

I love that the whole fam dyed eggs together! We have not done any of that---yet.

How exciting to go to NYC!!!!