Tuesday, April 21, 2009

jammin'

Ball- has a new recipe in their pectin box (and a .50 coupon inside)
STraWberRy KiWi
Making freezer jam is not really cooking.
It's just mashing fruit-
measuring sugar and...
stirring! It's so easy & 100x's better than regular jam.
We love it at our house & strawberry is always my favorite.
But- this new strawberry kiwi- is FANtastic!!
With strawberries in season & so good this year.
I made a four batches yesterday!!
It's nice to be home & back to real life...
*do you make jam?
*what is your favorite flavor?

9 comments:

PaD said...

That is beautiful. I don't think I've seen a prettier jam. Way to go.

Rachel said...

Fun! It still feels a little early for strawberries to me - I've been a little afraid to buy them! I'm very tempted now.

Oh yes, I make jam! It's almost a crime around here if you don't make blackberry jam, but my favorite flavor is blueberry lime (with blueberries from my backyard!) or strawberry peach.

Karolynn said...

I need to get jammin too! I am almost out!! I will have to try the new flavor!

Kristy said...

Who knew? Looks way yummy!

Jill said...

I've only ever made freezer jam when we did it one time while I was an Activity Day leader (but not the one in charge that day). It was really good to me even though I'm not usually a jam fan. I'm freezer-space challenged though, so I never think to make things like this.

Karrie said...

We just aren't big jam people..I don't know why. I could only do 1 jar because it would last us a long time....but when it's there fresh and available I do love it!

Janae said...

Yummy! These look great:) The new flavor sounds really good too.
I love raspberry freezer jam, so tasty.

shannon said...

This looks so good!--

We really ARE kindred spirits!--You can as well?!--
I usually wait for my mom to come for a visit to do jam...Strawberry and Black Raspberry are my favorites...


The kiwi added to it sounds wonderful!

michelle said...

YUM! My favorites are raspberry and peach/blackberry, but this is looking pretty great, too. We go through jam quick around here when it's homemade...