Tuesday, April 7, 2009

not gone yet?

Yesterday I tried all day to post... but I am so crazy getting ready for this vacation.
I can sit around with nothing to do for a month... (well not really) but as soon as I have something to do I find myself getting everything done.
Does that make sense?
I am just a better person - busy.
I was ON FIRE getting stuff done yesterday!
I had a special scout afternoon with the boys who are not out of town during spring break. We passed off our pocket knife achievement.
I was happy to do this one with a smaller group, just in case it got a little scary. But it didn't- the boys were great. When I taught this one with jack's group- all the boys cut their soap up & were very frustrated. I warned these boys & they listened! I also told them about how I vividly remember my dad taking me to kmart to buy my first pocket knife. I was 12, getting ready for girl's camp. It was no big deal to my dad- he probably doesn't even remember it- but I do. I was so excited. When I went to girl's camp, we actually learned how to use one- not like these wimpy girls today! And look at me? using my girl's camp skills here teaching cub scouts- thrilling? The boys were riveted!
(that was sarcasm)Today is our official packing day.
Lucky for me when I got up this morning Trent announced that he was already packed & ready.
GREat...
He really has saved me so much work?
It will take most of my day convincing him that this stuff is not coming.Remember all that snow last week?
Well- you won't believe this, but it's sunny now!!!!!
it was actually warm- warm yesterday & today it's supposed to be 70!!
I can't believe it- I am so happy to see the sun, finally.
The only bad thing about warmer weather?-
we found out that bronco has a disturbingly long tongue- eeeew
Even Max is surprised!
who knew?

* are you a nervous wreck, overplanning maniac when you go on vacation?
My poor family....

7 comments:

Janae said...

I am very impressed with your pocket knife skills:) Those scouts are lucky ducks!
When you have a huge trip it just takes a lot of planning. It will be great...and lucky for you Trent already is ahead on the packing for ya;)

She Loves To Make said...

Bronco's tongue is a little scary in that picture! I love the stuff that Trent packed. Can't leave without some random Easter eggs and one of those spinny things you blow into (I can't think of what they're called!) I can't believe you guys are leaving tomorrow!

Unknown said...

i'm dying about trent's suitcase. when we drove to philly a few weeks ago, jack tried to convince me that he needed to take paint. in the car.

oh, my...

i am proud of you and your penknife skillz!!

Holly said...

I wish I could hop in one of your suitcases and y'all could smuggle me to NYC with you! I think it's wonderful y'all are going as a family to NYC and will meet the Missionary--back on US soil!!

LOVE Trent's suitcase. He is hysterical. Good luck convincing him to leave some of that at home. :) It's always amusing to see what the little people consider must takes.

You inspire me with your busy self. Good luck with last minute details getting ready. Can't wait to hear about it!

Holly said...

Sorry I must have misunderstood about The Missionary meeting y'all in NYC. He will be back to the US soon though, right?

Karolynn said...

I am laughing so hard at the dogs tongue! That is so funny to me. I hope you have a fun and safe trip! Good luck on getting that stuff out of Trent's bag :)

michelle said...

That photo of the soap carving brought back cub scout memories!