Wednesday, December 10, 2008

so big

Last spring Brett & I bought Jack a new suit for the wedding.
This Saturday is the H.S. Christmas dance-
girl's choice & he was asked by this really cute girl, he need to wear a suit...
long story short-
the pants are already TOO SHORT!
Holy cow- he's almost 6'2" now.... what in the world?the missionary is going to be so ticked off
when he gets home & his "little" brother is even Bigger!
We bought new suit pants, a red sweater vest & tie-
he's going to look so good- it's going to be sick!
(that's teenager for really cool)
He spied a jacket like the $45 one he wanted on our trip to COdy for only $19- score- trying it on... wasn't so good. It looked funny, short, like it didn't fit??
We got a bigger size- it was too wide??
I thought & thought... then realized he's too tall for that jacket... it needed to be longer
Yep- we had to go here BIG & TALL.
He's more like skinny & tall, but still.
It is weird.
I'm shopping for my boy in the big & tall section?
no one is big & tall in my family
Even though he wasn't too keen on getting a photo.
we had a GREAt time- just me & jack.
he's a great kid, but then maybe I'm a little prejudice?
nah!

7 comments:

she'sonlyhappyinthesun said...

I cannot believe he has gotten that tall! Crazy...

Kristy said...

I had hope that my boys would stop growing once they hit high school but you have taken that hope away!

Wow.....he is way tall! He will look handsome in whatever he wears to the dance. Have fun at the dance Jack can't wait to see some pictures!

I promised Emily I would not post her picture in her dress just in case Sam still reads my blog.

Janae said...

What a fun night out:)
What a tall boy you have! I bet he's going to look great for the dance:)

wende said...

i got the "big" but not the tall! :)

yes you are biased about jack, but you're also right, he is a great kid.

Kim Sue said...

wow shopping for you teenager in the big&tall section..sniff, sniff.

nobody in my family shops in the big AND tall section.

Jill said...

I love how much you adore your kids but have a sense of humor about it so it's not sickening to read (this is a compliment!). We'd all be so blessed if our parents felt this way about us.

Karrie said...

Jack is a great kid and now also very very tall...but not to big that you can't still teach him a thing or two. I hope he has a great time at the Dance.