Friday, December 19, 2008

big snow

Today I went to work for the first time since I broke my ankle.
Luncheon for 104.
Not bad, not bad at all. It felt great to be back.
At least 24 people didn't show up because of all the snow.
Yep- we are getting dumped on today - tomorrow.There was at least 5 inches of snow to trudge through when I was done.
My Mary Jane's were filled.
When I got in the car, so much snow dropped in the door that the floor board & automatic window buttons were full of snow. I had to dig some snow out to roll down a couple of windows, getting the snow off.
My wipers were working great except for the strip right in front of my eyes. Why is that always the strip on the wipers to go out first?
I stopped to get milk & eggs- just in case.
It's supposed to snow all night & most of tomorrow.

I turned to go up my street & there was Chloe walking over to Caroline's.

Here's my street-
it's going to be a white Christmas!

I actually like driving in snow
-call me crazy-
(as long as I have good tires)
I don't like driving in ice!
Here's me in the garage.
I made it.
Brett had told me to call when I made it down the hill,
but there was no cell phone service the whole way home.
The true measure of how much snow is always the
back yard picnic table.
Looks like a good 10-12" to me.
Now that I'm all warm & cozy I'm too wimpy to go out & measure.

Is there snow at your house?
do you drive in it?

5 comments:

She Loves To Make said...

I don't mind driving in the snow either. Well, as long as I'm not trying to get somewhere fast.
Please don't die taking pictures of the road while you're driving!

Janae said...

OH my...is all I can say, so that I don't sound so negative.
The snow is hard for me...i'm a desert girl!

Johnna said...

I have learned to put up with it. Clyde drove me to work today as he has taken the entire week off. I am sooooo jealouse. Oh well!

Kim Sue said...

wow, life shuts down around here when it snows an inch or two. although that is pretty rare so we don't have to worry about it much!

Karrie said...

I'm with you driving in snow is not scary to me...it's all the other nut jobs out there thinking they can drive like idiots!