Monday, December 8, 2008

why I don't put presents under the tree until just before Christmas

so far this year trent has wrapped many gifts for me (aka: junk he has found lying around the house) I think he is hoping I will give him a gift early. After using loads of paper & half a roll of tape... I got smart & gave him an old roll of paper just for him & his own roll of tape.

So far I've received:

a lid to a box

some legos

and tonight two bouncy balls, which he decided was a bad idea & took back.

Chloe got an old cell phone (also taken back) and Hailey, Brian's old watch he found in the laundry room. The spirit of Christmas live on & on.

he is so funny

8 comments:

Kristy said...

Good luck with this! I think I would finally cave and lie about a gift and then tell him on Christmas when he looking for the gift tell him Santa took it back because he knew you knew what you were getting!!

The joys of being a parent!

wende said...

kristy's idea to lie is tempting!

trent is hillarious, my mind gets mixed up all the time too buddy! all....the....time!

Janae said...

He is too funny! I can tell this present thing is really getting to him...good luck with that, I think I might cave for sure...he is very convincing:)

Karrie said...

I know Trent...he's trying to mix up your mind into telling him his presents.

Beth said...

Parenting at Christmas is so challenging... all the deceipt and hiding and sneaking around and strangers breaking into your house to come down your chimney and eat your cookies! No wonder our minds get all mixed up! It's wrong on sooo many levels!

Jacob used to wrap stuff all over the house for me too!! How sweet and thoughtful of Trent!

she'sonlyhappyinthesun said...

I love that kid,he is hilarious...

Jill said...

It all seems so logical to him, that's funny.

I love that he told you to "hold on".

crystal said...

Oh Patsy, I just love this kid :)