Saturday, December 13, 2008

blogger mom's Christmas party

It was Janae's brilliant idea that the blogger mom's & our husbands
have a Christmas dinner party.
It was a fabulous night.
Karrie's White Christmas slush,
and Kristy's appetizers... just before they were gone!
plus dinner.
Handmade rolls from Wende, Janae's salad, Parmesan mashed
potatoes & cranberry roasted pork loin.
Janae's home is so beautifully decorated for Christmas.
I'm sure Janae & Doug went to a lot of work to make this night
so special. Of course she would never admit that.
I think it's so great that they cook together. He even helped
her with the Thanksgiving turkey this year.
my contribution to the dinner...

Dessert of course!
I love to make desserts.
I don't really love cheesecake- I know, I know?
(I think it's just something I've had too many times)
But I knew everyone would love this one-
homemade & covered in fresh berries with a guava juice glaze.
Do you have a Christmas party you are looking forward to?
These recipes can soon be found on our cooking blog!

5 comments:

wende said...

your cheesecake was the most beautiful dessert i've ever seen and even tastier than it looked!

janae and doug were fabulous hosts and i think i could've gotten full on lime slush and appetizers - oh wait, i DID! everything was so YUM.

it WAS a fabulous night, i'm so glad we worked it in to our busy schedules. i smell a tradition....

Kristy said...

What a great night!! The food and the company was awesome as always.

Thanks Janae and Doug for a great party!

Patsy your cheesecake was so great....I loved it!

She Loves To Make said...

What a fun dinner! I wish I could see more of Janae's house! The dinner looked SO good, especially your cheesecake! I can't wait to try and make it myself (after you post it of course)

Janae said...

This was such a fun party! I am glad that we found a time everyone could come:) thanks for posting the pictures...that dessert was so beautiful and delicious! I loved it!

Karrie said...

Best Time ever...and take it from me...I've been the party goer for about 8 or parties the past several days and I loved this one the most!!!