Monday, December 15, 2008

back to the list, it just feels right

1. I donated blood today.
2. Christmas music is so wonderful at Christmas time (not Halloween) I love listening to it while running errands. My favorites- Sleigh Ride by a philharmonic & Last Christmas, Wham.
3. Today I got 5 Christmas cards in the mail!
4. I also got a signed book plate from Alicia Paulson to go in her new book (I hope I get it for Christmas)
5. I sent away for it with a stamped addressed envelope & she even wrote me a note :)!!!
6. I'm so excited about this...
7. I've decided that canola/olive oil mayonnaise (1/2 the fat & calories- all the flavor) is one of the best culinary inventions ever.
8. I hate to admit it, but I love mayo. NOt plain out of the jar or anything weird like that... on sandwiches-- sicko.
9. Major Christmas & grocery shopping after donating blood is not a good idea.
10. I am so wiped out- my head is spinning.
11. Lucky for the fam. I put dinner in the crock pot this morning.
12. I love when I put dinner in the crock pot.
13. the puppy is really not potty training well.
14. It's all the snow. He doesn't like it. Can't blame him- who wants to pee in snow?
15. I love Snow.
16. I love all four seasons.
17. Right now... for now... I am loving winter.
18. I have sent nearly 100 Christmas cards.
19. I also sent the missionary's package & I'm praying it gets there on time.
20. He says it feels nothing like Christmas down there anyway- it's summer now.
21. I love Cherries & blueberries from Chile for sale for next to nothing at Costco.
22. A REal winter treat. $7.99~ and seriously so good.
23. I sent 5 packages today.
24. I'm making a cranberry glazed ham & shrimp scampi for Christmas dinner.
25. I bought two huge rolls of wrapping paper & matching ribbon at costco early this year & can't find either of them.
26. I remember putting them somewhere thinking, I won't need these for a while...
27. I finally went & bought another one today- I'm hoping to find the others & take them back.
28. I still have two packages to send.
29. I always have two left this time of year to both our parents- they are SO HARD TO BUY FOR!!
30. I want to get them something they will really love & get excited over.
31. That's my problem- they have everything...

5 comments:

Jill said...

I got a slew of Christmas cards today too and am feeling increasingly irritated that ours haven't even been started yet.

I am enjoying that the snow is making things look more festive, I just wish we'd get enough to actually cover the grass.

Kristy said...

Great list! I am mailing my Christmas cards on my way home from work. I even ran out this year and need to order more.

Hey Jill needs to move up north....we have plenty of snow to cover our grass!

Janae said...

Great list Patsy:)

Karrie said...

I like your lists too...very nice to know you 100 friends to send cards to...I ordered 30 and have leftovers. You got mine right?

wende said...

great list!

one of my favorite christmas songs is "last chrismtas" from wham! so not about anything christmas related but so good anyway. my number one fave is o holy night so that cancels out the irreverent one right?