Tuesday, July 31, 2012

astoria column

We took this stunningly beautiful drive to the Astoria Column.



There are stairs up to the tower....
but I don't do heights.
I found out that Johnna doesn't either. 
sweet


 The view from down at the bottom of the tower...
was good enough for me.






Oregon is such a beautiful state.
(warning: heavy & sappy subject ahead)
As we drove up through the mountains & saw the evergreen trees my heart was sad- sad that I don't live amongst these beautiful trees anymore. I love the Northwest. I love the beauty & the rain.
okay okay- I admit it-
I cried.
It was just so beautiful.
 And
 I could BREATH the air.
 I'm talkin' fresh, sweet, moist, clean air--- it's so hot & dry in Utah.
 Do you know what I mean?
I love green & clean air-- is that a crime?!
 Honestly though- I do love my Utah home.
 I don't think I could move back now?
(Don't tempt me though!)
 It's so pretty there & there are good people where ever you live- Still.
 We have a good life here & I am afraid that we could not match it anywhere else?
I guess we just need to go on vacation more?


Being Gargoyles in Astoria:





3 comments:

Jill said...

I understand your sappiness, beauty like that is moving and a contrast to the beauty we live with in Utah.

She Loves The Color Pink said...

What a cool tower!
I love the pictures of everyone balancing haha

michelle said...

I totally get it. Marc, a native Oregonian , even more so.

love the gargoyle photos!