Wednesday, August 1, 2012

is that a ship... or a big piece of plastic?

Astoria, Oregon is just across the bay from Longview, Washington.
Washington is my home state-- I love you WA state!
There is a massively long bridge (I really should look up the name of it- but I'm not going to.)


Isn't she pretty?


Before heading out of Astoria we decided to drive over just for fun.
We are crazy fun like that.



There was construction (just a little) on the bridge & large ships in the water.
Hailey said- Trent, look at that huge ship.
Trent-- that's not a ship. 
Hailey-- what do you mean, that's not a ship? Of course it's ship what else would it be?
Trent- that's gotta be plastic or something? That can't be a real ship.
Hailey- That is a SHIP. Mom tell him that - that is a real ship.
Trent- no way, there is no way that is real.


The rest of the trip across the bridge & back was
 an argument 
 about whether or not it was a real ship.



I'm sure right this minute- you are wishing you could have gone with us on this vacation aren't you?



The Washington side.
It's amazing to think about the Lewis & Clark expedition. You know they found these parts?
They must have been in shock! After leaving the desert & mountains-- then this! 







We crossed the bridge & headed into a tunnel.
After the breath holding ritual- the discussion over real or unreal ships continued.



Back over the bridge.
riveting this blog...


Don't you wish you could have been there?


On the way back to Seaside....
it got even more fun.
Trent was "bored" and started messing around with his seat belt & the back middle seat belt which was not being used. He managed to get the two tangled. 
Now you really wish you would have been there!?
After literally- 1/2 hour of trying (no exaggerating, I'm serious) to get it untangled, and the belt getting tighter & tighter each time Brett pulled & let go.
We had to cut it.
Oh Brett was just so happy.
We will soon be investing in a new back, middle seat, seat belt.


Family vacation- need I say more?
***
On the lighter side-
After we got back to Seaside...
I took Trent & my nephew Ukiah to the beach to build sand castles.


I had told them they could go to the ocean just to get water...( I don't know how to swim.) 
After they were put a second or two- I saw Ukiah running as fast as he could back to me. What must of happened? All seemed fine??


He had lost his front tooth!
Seriously lost it in the ocean!!
It fell out while eating ice cream & it was gone!
We even searched the ice cream... but it's OK- now a part of Ukiah is in the ocean forever!
What a cutie. He was thrilled beyond measure.


Trent & Ukiah dug & dug.



They became beach buddies!
We were so glad Ukiah was there- he made the trip much more fun for Trent.


They made friends on the beach- of course.


It's a gorgeous beach.


That's our hotel on the left.


I sat on the beach & watched the kite fliers while the boys played.
It was glorious.




They showered off the sand 


then took a dip in the pool.


{another photo of the beach from the deck of our room}

I am sad that I didn't take better group photos.
We were together (both my sister's & my family- a lot) but I don't have very many pictures of that!
 I guess I was having too much fun?
Another Great Day on the Oregon Coast.

3 comments:

Jill said...

Oh my the car ride sounds...interesting! What a scenario with the seatbelt too! Crazy.

The beach looks beautiful, I haven't been to a beach in 5 years!

michelle said...

Oh my, this was hilarious to read! I almost felt like I was there.

I love the Oregon coast and just found out we'll be going back next year. I don't look forward to the drive, though.

Kim Sue said...

one day I'll make it to the west coast...one day