Sunday, July 29, 2012

45


On July 15
I turned 45.
~weird~

There was A Lot of celebrating!
While Brett & Trent were still at camp- the rest of us went to dinner at one of my favorites- The Desert Edge  in Trolley Square.
I went to lunch with the blogger moms on the 16th- Loads & loads... and LOADS of GREAT presents- 
OH MY GOSH IT WAS so much fun. I am almost excited for school to start up again so we can start meeting on a regular basis- again! Man I miss those guys....
I also went to lunch on the 17th with my dear friend- Karen. She gave me the most perfect present & I can't wait to show you that soon - so funny- she knows me so well.
Lunch & Friends- what more can a girls ask for?


WEll- dinner with the fam of course!?
We had some of my favorite foods & 
CAKE


Sweet WEnde brought me this cake the day before my birthday (my birthday was on a Sunday) from one of my many favorite bakeries- Gourmandise!




YES
it tasted as good as it looks


 This year I felt loved on my birthday.
That's huge & a very big deal for me.
Thank you so much to so many of you people out there - who did that.
It's an issue- my birthday & me.
 I think, the older I get- the better I'm getting about it though? I think? This year was great. 
NOw- an apology. I love sending birthday mail. I usually am so good at it. This year & most of last I just dropped off. NO excuses- just life got in the way & I want to do better.
Thank you for loving me on my birthday- even when I forget (I never forget I just didn't acknowledge) yours.
It's a good life.
 (p.s. we just got back last night from a week long vacation on the Oregon Coast- can't wait to get it blogged!)


3 comments:

Jill said...

I'm so glad your birthday was great!! That cake looks amazing, I really want some.

I did great on my birthday this year too and I don't know if it's because I'm getting older or because I was out of town or a combination of both but it worked.

I have totally dropped the ball on birthday good mail since going back to work a year ago!

She Loves The Color Pink said...

THAT CAKE!!! Wow!
Glad you had a good birthday! You deserve it! You are loved more than you know!

michelle said...

I have been really bad about acknowledging birthdays and I hate that. I am so glad that you had a happy one!

There should always be cake, and that one looks fabulous, yay!