Tuesday, July 3, 2012

just T and me

The week of the ballet recital 
Trent & I dropped off the ballerina at dress rehearsal (no parents aloud this year) & had 4 hours to kill.


I didn't want to drive home... 40 minutes away... so we met Ruthie & the peanut in Brigham City at McDonald's & let them play to their hearts content while we visited. Ruthie showed me her new quilting patterns & we caught up on how both of our families are doing- over Rolo McFlurries- good times.


Getting there- we took the scenic route through northern Ogden.
It was gorgeous. 
The mountains in that part of the state are so pretty & I have never driven up close to them. 


We had so much time to kill- that I let Trent pick which roads we took- to a certain extent- up to Brigham City. Brigham City has a new temple being built- due to be ready in September.


It was an absolutely gorgeous night & we had a fun time talking & looking at the mountains. 
We are hoping now we can get tickets to the open house of the temple!
It's stunning from a distance & even more beautiful up close.
I love that Trent still likes to spend time with me- he is a GREAT kid.
too bad I forgot to take pictures at McDonald's-- grrrr.
Still- the rehearsal got out late & our adventure ended up being 5 hours!!!
we left at 5:30 PM & got home at almost 11:00 PM GEez Louizzz
It's a good thing we like hanging out together.

3 comments:

She Loves The Color Pink said...

Nothing bad about visiting over Rolo mcflurrys! The Brigham city temple looks similar to the Kansas City one. So gorgeous!

Kim Sue said...

Rolo mcFlurrys??? I was going to say we don't have those here, but then I thought, when was the last time I went to McDonalds? long time. so they might?

michelle said...

Great picture of you and Trent. I'm always happy and a little but surprised that my kids want to hang out with me...

I want a Rolo McFlurry!